Thread: Seeing Views

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I miss seeing views to threads. I put in a thread into a forum 1 day ago and have no idea if my thread is being looked at or not. Seeing the number of views being counted and displayed gives me confidence there are people out there. Thanks

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ZOR View Post
    I miss seeing views to threads. I put in a thread into a forum 1 day ago and have no idea if my thread is being looked at or not. Seeing the number of views being counted and displayed gives me confidence there are people out there. Thanks
    You are not alone in missing this feature!

I clicked on the little icon beside your name to get your mini-profile pop-up, then clicked on the 'Find all posts' icon to get a list of your posts which included this:

[attachment=86418:x.gif]

...but I have no idea how often the 'Views' figure is updated. After looking at this thread, the 'New Posts' list still shows 0 views...

[attachment=86419:y.gif]
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Leif View Post
    ...but I have no idea how often the 'Views' figure is updated. After looking at this thread, the 'New Posts' list still shows 0 views...
    Immediately after posting above, this thread in New Posts is showing 10 views..... :shrug:

Bronze Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Leif View Post
    Immediately after posting above, this thread in New Posts is showing 10 views..... :shrug:
    aha, the magic touch. lol

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ZOR View Post
    Seeing the number of views being counted and displayed gives me confidence there are people out there. Thanks
    I have just discovered that if you have your posts included in 'Your followed items', the view count is listed there:

[attachment=86425:x.gif]
    Attached Images Attached Images
    • File Type: gif x.gif (6.1 KB, 2 views)

Thanks
    I think one of the design goals for the new Lounge was to make it appear less intimidating to new users, and one way to do that is strip away as much information as possible. Perhaps it will be possible to offer an option to have a more cluttered view for those who prefer the extra information.