Thread: Saved Imports

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I would like to create a "Saved Import" spec. However, somehow I've manged to turn this option off such that when I use the Ribbon->External Data->Access to import/link tables, at the conclusion of the action the dialog box asking if I would like to save this specification is no longer being displayed. I've looked through the Access Options, but have not discovered a way to turn the option back on.

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    I don't see any option for turning it on and off either. Does this happen with all databases, or just with one? Does it also happen if you import and Excel worksheet as a table? Is it possible that you've customized the ribbon in some way? Those are the possibilities I can think of off the top of my head...
    Wendell

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Are you importing or linking tables? Your question is ambiguous about this point. Saved Specifications relate to importing, but not to linking, so the Save option does not come up at the end of a Link process.
    Regards
    John

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Wendell & John,

Thanks for your replies. In response to Wendell's msg I did some testing on mutiple machines and came to the same conclusion that I now see John is pointing out ... Import means Import NOT Linking!

Thanks again.