Thanks
    Is there way to print out the xml file that stores the bibliography sources, sources.xml, is a reasonably easy to read and follow format that could then be used to input the data into a database?

Regards,
    Chuck Billow
    -------------------------------------------------
    "Good judgment comes from experience, and experience - well, that comes from poor judgment."

~ A(lan) A(lexander) Milne (1882-1956)- "House at Pooh Corner"

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks
    Depending on the schema, sometimes the easiest way is to import it into Excel however it may not come into the correct format. What is your source?
    Jerry

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by CWBillow View Post
    Is there way to print out the xml file that stores the bibliography sources, sources.xml, is a reasonably easy to read and follow format that could then be used to input the data into a database?
    I think some words might have gotten lost between those two phrases...

When I save a bibliographic reference in Word 2007, it is saved in Building Blocks.dotx. I'm not sure what sources.xml is; where did you find it?

Some programs can import XML files by reading their structure, while others require an external reference document. You could try using Excel and see what kind of results you get.

Thanks
    Jerry / Jefferson;

Now I'm confused.

When I save references (in Word 2007), they end up in the file C:\Users\CWBillow\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Biblio graphy\Sources.xml. Jerry, I know so little about XML, I can't begin to answer your question.

I have, I see, a C:\Users\CWBillow\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Docume nt Building Blocks\1033\Building Blocks.dotx, and even though it currently is showing a size of 322k, it opens as blank in Word.

If I save off the sources.xml though, and copy it over the "new" file if I re-install Word, all the references show under References / Manage Sources. So I was presuming that that was the source file.

So my question is still sort of the same, although I'm now a little unclear as to the file in question.

Regards,
    Chuck Billow
    "Good judgment comes from experience, and experience - well, that comes from poor judgment."

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by CWBillow View Post
    When I save references (in Word 2007), they end up in the file C:\Users\CWBillow\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Biblio graphy\Sources.xml.
    Perhaps we are going about it differently. I don't really use this feature.

Did you try opening the file in Internet Explorer or Excel? IE usually will show you a syntax-colored version of the data itself, while Excel will try to convert it to rows and columns.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jscher2000 View Post
    Perhaps we are going about it differently. I don't really use this feature.

Did you try opening the file in Internet Explorer or Excel? IE usually will show you a syntax-colored version of the data itself, while Excel will try to convert it to rows and columns.
    I'll give it a shot, Jefferson. Thanks.

Regards,
    Chuck