New Lounger
    Thanks
    We stopped purchasing pre-printed letterhead for our attorneys years ago, but recently Marketing decided to change the font used on business cards and letterhead. Our secretaries and attorneys have decided that they're going to change the font back to the old because they like it better. So we are now going to password protect that part of the template but I have one snag. The header for the following pages is part of section 1 so is also protected. I do need them to be able to edit that header. I've worked out the code for editing and for re-protecting it when they close the header using the Close button on the Header/Footer tab (or if they use ALT+SHIFT+C). However, I know that some of our users double-click in the document to close headers and I can't seem to figure out that command name to control that. Any ideas?

Thanks for any help you can give me!
    Julie

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    I think the only way to intercept this is to use the WindowBeforeDoubleClick event of the Application object.

See WindowBeforeDoubleClick Event and Using Events with the Application Object (these help subjects can also be found in the built-in Word VBA help).

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks! I'll give that a try. In looking for this I've found a variety of methods that work for closing Headers

Quote Originally Posted by HansV View Post
    I think the only way to intercept this is to use the WindowBeforeDoubleClick event of the Application object.

See WindowBeforeDoubleClick Event and Using Events with the Application Object (these help subjects can also be found in the built-in Word VBA help).

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JulieLong View Post
    Thanks! I'll give that a try. In looking for this I've found a variety of methods that work for closing Headers
    You should be able to catch every single thing that moves the insertion point out of a header using the WindowSelectionChange Event.

Be very careful to have as little code as possible as this can cause performance problems, since it will run for every use of an arrow key and every time the mouse is used to change the selection.