Bronze Lounger
    Thanks
    I currently create & email reports in snp format. Is there a way to save them in pdf format instead?

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    If you have Access 2007 SP2, this feature is built-in.

If you have Access 2007 pre-SP2, you can download a free add-in from Microsoft: 2007 Microsoft Office Add-in: Microsoft Save as PDF or XPS.

If you have Access 2003 or before, you need third-party software to convert to PDF. There are several free print-to-PDF utilities, and Stephen Lebans has a free utility for Access reports: ReportToPDF.

Bronze Lounger
    Thanks
    Hi Hans,

Thanks for the very prompt reply. I'll look into it as I may have to create reports in pdf form.

I made the post because my wife emails snp reports to our church from an Access app, and the church database people claim that they can't save the snp attachments because there is no "save as" option available. Do you know of any changes or updates to the viewer program, or to the snapshot function within Access that might have caused thie? Frankly, I think the problem resides at their end, but their db personnel tend not to trust "outsiders" like me even though I have developed and maintained this Access app for the past five or six years and have had no such problems before.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    To create a .snp file from Access, you must select File | Export, not File | Save As...
    Alternatively, select File | Send to | E-mail recipient (as attachment)..., and specify snapshot format.

Recipients can use the Save attachments option in their e-mail client to save a .snp attachment to disk.

The Snapshot Viewer application does not have a "Save As" option, you can only open, print and e-mail .snp files.

Gold Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Tucker View Post
    I currently create & email reports in snp format. Is there a way to save them in pdf format instead?
    I use one to tools Hans mentioned, Stephen Lebans ReportToPDF. I like it because I can control the whole thing from code.

Another option is a PDF printer driver, which allows you to print to PDF from any application by selecting that printer as you would any other printer. I use CutePDF.
    Mark Liquorman
    See my website for Tips & Downloads and for my Liquorman Utilities.

Bronze Lounger
    Thanks
    I think you pointed out the problem. The church is trying to save from withing the viewer. As you described (and as I assumed most people would do) you first save the email attachment and then view it. I've so advised the church users.

Thanks for clarifying things.