4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Hi

I recently had to re-install Windows XP (from scratch) and installed Chrome and Avant (I use Chrome majority of the time).
    But, Since the installation I have found that *most* times I have to double-click for the page to be displayed. This would be
    rougly 80% of the time. I have a fast broadband connection so that is not the problem. Also, it worked fine before my PC crash.

It is same for Avant browser as well. I haven't tried any other browser (Firefox takes years to load, less we talk about MSExplorer the better, etc). I can't think it is specific to a browser.

Any ideas welcome.
    Thanks.
    Robie

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by robie View Post
    Since the installation I have found that *most* times I have to double-click for the page to be displayed.
    You have to double-click hyperlinks in a web page? My first thought is that somehow the browser (or web page in the browser) is losing focus in some manner, and the first part of the double-click merely restores focus to the application. What if you click on a text part of the page and then single-click the link?

(Of course, if that is the problem, I can't imagine what is causing it.)

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jscher2000 View Post
    You have to double-click hyperlinks in a web page? My first thought is that somehow the browser (or web page in the browser) is losing focus in some manner, and the first part of the double-click merely restores focus to the application. What if you click on a text part of the page and then single-click the link?

(Of course, if that is the problem, I can't imagine what is causing it.)
    My apologies. I wasn't clear on my original post. What I meant by double-click was 'within the addressing bar', i.e. type a URL followed by a click (e.g. www.google.com & click). This would sit there until I clicked again & the page would come up instantly (almost as if it was waiting for the second click). Strange.

I have looked at other 'memory resident' software & I have the usual (as I had before my PC crash): AVG and Spybot.
    Thanks.
    Robie

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by robie View Post
    What I meant by double-click was 'within the addressing bar', i.e. type a URL followed by a click (e.g. www.google.com & click). This would sit there until I clicked again & the page would come up instantly (almost as if it was waiting for the second click).
    Hmmm, I always press Enter. I don't even have a button to click. Oh wait, I use Firefox. Hopefully a Chrome/Avant user can answer.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    I am experiencing the same thing in XP with Firefox, Netscape and IE8. Performance improved after removing Spyware Blaster and FlashBlock. AVG, Zonalarm and SpyBot S&D are still running.