Thread: Dark videos

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    My display monitor seems to be set to show things reasonably well for most viewings.
    However, many videos I try to view are so dark that nothing is discernable, others are
    just barely viewable.
    Can settings be made that will provide for both normal daily activities and for fully
    viewing videos occasionally? I have a 19" Viewsonic E790B monitor; OS WXP/SP3; IE8.

flavet
    Dell Inspiron 15R, 8GB, Win7 Home Premium 64bit SP1
    All help truly appreciated!

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    Does the last reply in Viewsonic E790 help?

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by HansV View Post
    Does the last reply in Viewsonic E790 help?
    Hans, thanks for the rapid response. It took me awhile to read the suggested reply, and a bit longer to wade through the "Properties" screens. When I got to the last screen mentioned (Color), no color options showed in the options dialog box. I clicked on the 'Add' button and saw 3 files which I assume I could have added to the Color screen dialog box, but I am hesitant to do that. I see that the date of the last reply you pointed me to was two years ago, so I don't know if I could get any response by trying to add a post to that screen.
    I have another 19" monitor (an LG Studioworks 995E) I kept when I junked my previous Dell PC; I may try to connect it to see if it shows things differently (this was mentioned at the 'last reply' site by one of the posters there).

flavet
    Dell Inspiron 15R, 8GB, Win7 Home Premium 64bit SP1
    All help truly appreciated!