2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Are questions about javascript appropriate here?
    I am a complete novice with javascript.
    I would like to have a vertical expanding navigation menu on a web site that I am rebuilding. I have found some basic code to provide this but I have run into a problem. The piece of code that I found opens the sub menus very nicely but when I click on a selection in the sub menu item, the sub menu closes upon going to the selected page. I want it to stay open.
    Can anyone help with a comment or where I might go to find out more information.
    I have seen a web site with this function working but when I view the source, I cannot find any javascript, just a link to it. Is there any way to view that script as it must be in the computer somewhere in order to control the web page?
    Thank you.
    Norman

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by macdonell View Post
    I have seen a web site with this function working but when I view the source, I cannot find any javascript, just a link to it. Is there any way to view that script as it must be in the computer somewhere in order to control the web page?
    A link similar to <script src="myfile.js"></script>? Just open that file (it usually will display as text or you will get an Open/Save/Cancel dialog).

If the site will not let you at the file, you may be able to fish it out of your browser's cache, but stuff sometimes can be difficult to find in there.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Have you considered using CSS/xhtml to create and control your menus.
    Javascripts can be a pain if the slightest thing is incorrect.

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by macdonell View Post
    Are questions about javascript appropriate here?
    I am a complete novice with javascript.
    I would like to have a vertical expanding navigation menu on a web site that I am rebuilding. I have found some basic code to provide this but I have run into a problem. The piece of code that I found opens the sub menus very nicely but when I click on a selection in the sub menu item, the sub menu closes upon going to the selected page. I want it to stay open.
    Can anyone help with a comment or where I might go to find out more information.
    Thank you.
    Norman
    Macdonnell, futher to what Barry has mentioned have a look at this old thread when something similar was discussed using CSS with a few examples I put together

CSS menus
    Jerry