2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Can anyone help, please?

We have created a set of styles, in Word 2007, which we wish to deploy to our users, we have a set of bullet styles linked to the List Bullet style and wanted numbering attached to the Paragraph Numbering style.

We have come across an issue with numbering around the Paragraph Numbering style, we can create a new list style which works perfectly well but cannot see the option to "restart numbering" - the problem is that when using the Paragraph Numbering style we have 1, 2, 3, 4 pararaphs, with the relevant number, a normal style paragraph, then if we use the pargraph numbering style again it will become 5 (hope this makes sense !!).

I do appreciate that the numbering can be a real pain but wondered whether anyone has come across this problem and if they have a solution.

Thanks
    Jack

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    I don't have Word 2007, but in previous versions, the option to restart numbering is in the right-click menu for numbered paragraphs. Is it still available there in Word 2007?

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by HansV View Post
    I don't have Word 2007, but in previous versions, the option to restart numbering is in the right-click menu for numbered paragraphs. Is it still available there in Word 2007?
    YES

[attachment=86466:Restart Numbering.png]
    Attached Images Attached Images

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Alas No Hans - to be honest they (as in Microsoft) seem to have made it rather complicated when it comes to numbering.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I didn't look further down the page - obviously got too carried away with replying to Hans !!

Stuart, have seen what I'm looking for after taking a look at your reply (slightly different in Word 2007 but it's there).

Thanks as always
    Jack