Lounger
    Thanks
    Is there a formula which I can use to insert the worksheet name (from the worksheet tab) into a cell on my worksheet?

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by gharding View Post
    Is there a formula which I can use to insert the worksheet name (from the worksheet tab) into a cell on my worksheet?

Any help is much appreciated.
    Try =RIGHT(CELL("filename",A1),LEN(CELL("filename",A1) )-FIND("]",CELL("filename",A1)))

=cell("filename",a1) gives the entire path, filename, and sheetname. Everything else in the formula is to trim out the path and filename.
    [b]Catharine Richardson (WebGenii)
    WebGenii Home Page
    Moderator: Spreadsheets, Other MS Apps, Presentation Apps, Visual Basic for Apps, Windows Mobile

Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by WebGenii View Post
    Try =RIGHT(CELL("filename",A1),LEN(CELL("filename",A1) )-FIND("]",CELL("filename",A1)))

=cell("filename",a1) gives the entire path, filename, and sheetname. Everything else in the formula is to trim out the path and filename.

Lounger
    Thanks
    Thank you so much for your help - much appreciated.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Or, try to use this shorter formula :

=REPLACE(CELL("filename",A1),1,FIND("]",CELL("filename",A1)),)

Regards
    Bosco

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Hello,

This is a great formula, but if I change the sheet name, it does not change in my formula. Is there another formula that I can use or how do I update that formula. I am also pulling that sheet name into a summary sheet using a lookup formula...

So, Sheet 1 - Product 1 by default - Users will change that name of the sheet to represent the name of Product 1. When I change the name of the sheet, the formula does not update to the new name.

Any suggestions?

Thank you kindly,
    MOE10134

P.S. If I double click on the formula after I change the sheet name, It changes. Also If I double click on the lookup formula in the Summary sheet it changes, but Users are not going to know to do that. Is a macro required to update the sheet names and pull into the summary sheet?? Or is there an easier way to automatically update the sheet name when changed and the lookup formula?
    Last edited by moe10134; 2012-12-03 at 10:06.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    P.S. If I double click on the formula after I change the sheet name, It changes. Also If I double click on the lookup formula in the Summary sheet it changes, but Users are not going to know to do that. Is a macro required to update the sheet names and pull into the summary sheet?? Or is there an easier way to automatically update the sheet name when changed?

Thanks
    It sounds like you have manual calculation enabled. If you switch the calculation to automatic, it should recalculate automatically.

Steve

New Lounger
    Thanks
    I got it to work now. My formula setting were set to update Manually instead of Automatic. This works great! Thank you!