Lounger
    Thanks
    Hi,
    I am making a plan in excel, in which i have scheduled many dates for doing various project activities.
    I would like to know will it be possible that the dates that I have provided in excel can be posted in outlook calendar so that my calendar has the entry of the work that i need to perform on that particular date.
    I know that i can do manually also, but since the amount of work is differentiated kind of work i would like to have this feature so that things will become easie5 to track and also the reminders get associated with calendar.

Thanks and Advance
    Techrwiter2k9

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by techwriter2k9 View Post
    I am making a plan in excel, in which i have scheduled many dates for doing various project activities.
    I would like to know will it be possible that the dates that I have provided in excel can be posted in outlook calendar so that my calendar has the entry of the work that i need to perform on that particular date.
    Outlook can import a variety of different data. You could test this by saving a few rows of your worksheet into a new workbook and creating a named range over the data to be imported.

Then in Outlook try: File > Import and Export... > Import from another program or file > Microsoft Excel

You might want to check the field mapping in case your column headings do not match up well with Outlook's field names.

I've attached a sample to play with. [attachment=86471:Appointments.xls]

== Edit ==

To get a list of the expected columns, you can export some existing calendar entries that have the fields of interest to you.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Lounger
    Thanks
    Hi,
    Thanks a lot,
    I am able to do this with the file provided in the post.
    But when i do it with excel sheet i have created it displays error.
    Also, when i enter my data in the sheet provided it displays the same in calender with our an error.
    Where i am wrong , kindly point it to me.
    Regards,
    techwriter2K9

Also,
    How can we do this:
    "you might want to check the field mapping in case your column headings do not match up well with Outlook's field names".

Regards,
    techwriter2k9

Quote Originally Posted by jscher2000 View Post
    Outlook can import a variety of different data. You could test this by saving a few rows of your worksheet into a new workbook and creating a named range over the data to be imported.

Then in Outlook try: File > Import and Export... > Import from another program or file > Microsoft Excel

You might want to check the field mapping in case your column headings do not match up well with Outlook's field names.

I've attached a sample to play with. [attachment=86471:Appointments.xls]

== Edit ==

To get a list of the expected columns, you can export some existing calendar entries that have the fields of interest to you.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by techwriter2k9 View Post
    How can we do this:
    "you might want to check the field mapping in case your column headings do not match up well with Outlook's field names".
    After you specify the file, you come to a screen with a button that says "Map Fields" (or something very similar to that). If you click that, you can see how Outlook plans to convert your fields to Outlook's fields, and this could be the source of some errors.

Otherwise, can you post a small sample of data (your XLS)? Please change anything personal to fake information.