5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Word 2003

I know how to convert pictures, and how to do this at print time, but is there a simple way to convert text, backgrounds etc (ie everything) into grayscale ?

Thanks

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    You could write a macro that will convert all pictures in a document to grayscale, but it is not a real conversion - Word just displays the picture in grayscale but keeps the colors, so that you can turn it into a color picture again.
    To really convert the pictures, you'd have to save them to disk and use third-party software to convert them to grayscale.

If you have Adobe Acrobat, you can convert a Word document to a grayscale .pdf file.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks Hans.

I knew about the individual pictures and was looking for a way to "grayscale" the whole document **within Word** including patterns, coloured fonts etc. But I realise this cannto be done, and using a grayscale pdf process is, regrettably, probably the easiest thing for me.

M

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MartinM View Post
    I knew about the individual pictures and was looking for a way to "grayscale" the whole document **within Word** including patterns, coloured fonts etc. But I realise this cannto be done, and using a grayscale pdf process is, regrettably, probably the easiest thing for me.
    I don't think it's impossible to write a macro to find and replace font and shading colors. The first step would be to find or devise a substitution map for the probable colors to appropriate gray levels in order to accurately mimic a grayscale conversion.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Solved - sort of:

http://office.microsoft.com/en-gb/he...278581033.aspx

Thanks for all the help :-)