3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I reinstalled Word 2007, and notice that the symbol now appears elevated, as if it is superscript (which it isn't). B/c our prior reports use a larger font size for it, I would like to change the symbols properties. Can't figure out how to do this within the symbol menu. Anyone?

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    On my Windows 7 machine with Office 2007, I see difference.

[attachment=86475:copy.JPG]
    Attached Images Attached Images

Now running HP Pavilion a6528p, with Win7 64 Bit OS.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ben000 View Post
    I reinstalled Word 2007, and notice that the symbol now appears elevated, as if it is superscript (which it isn't). B/c our prior reports use a larger font size for it, I would like to change the symbols properties. Can't figure out how to do this within the symbol menu. Anyone?
    Not from the Symbol menu. What I would do is:
    Format the symbol the way I want to see it by going to the Font Formatting dialog, choosing the Character Spacing tab and setting the Position to be lowered by 1 point (at least, that looks best on my system).
    Insert the symbol as an autocorrection. To create an autocorrection, make sure your formatted symbol is highlighted. Open the AutoCorrect dialog.
    Office Button, Word Options, Proofing and click the AutoCorrect Options button.
    Because the symbol is highlighted it will appear in the "With" section of the dialog. Click the Formatted Text radio button and you will see the preview update. Now, put any text you wish into the Replace field. (I couldn't make it work to replace the symbol with the formatted version - but something like (r) works fine).
    [b]Catharine Richardson (WebGenii)
    WebGenii Home Page
    Moderator: Spreadsheets, Other MS Apps, Presentation Apps, Visual Basic for Apps, Windows Mobile

WS Lounge VIP
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ben000 View Post
    It looks like the position of the varies with the font. It appears to be raised in Calibri and full size in Times Roman, Arial, Cambria, and several other fonts I checked. So, you might be able to get the size you want just by changing the font for .

Pam
    Pam Caswell

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    thanks, folks