2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    We are in the process of deploying Office 2007 at our company. We have six additional Tabs (ribbons) that keep dropping off. We have to constantly go into the Word Options, Add-ins, COM Add-Ins, and re-select the dlls. Does any body know why the Add-ins keeps dropping off?

Thanks for any suggestions!
    Thanks,
    Caroline in lala-land

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    I am under the impression that you don't need to have Add-ins in order to have custom ribbons. Custom ribbons are normally just XML files. Are these ones that were developed in-house, or are they commercial products that you purchased?
    Wendell

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by WendellB View Post
    I am under the impression that you don't need to have Add-ins in order to have custom ribbons. Custom ribbons are normally just XML files. Are these ones that were developed in-house, or are they commercial products that you purchased?
    These were developed by a third-party vendor for my company.
    Thanks,
    Caroline in lala-land

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Were they developed for Word 2007, or for an earlier version? If the earlier version, then you are actually talking about custom toolbars, and they aren't well supported in Office 2007. See Office 2007 Ribbon and Toolbars for an overview of the Word 2007 user interface. You basically have two choices; associate custom Ribbons with the templates you use, or customize the Quick Access Toolbar. You may want to contact the third-party vendor for assistance if that is feasible.
    Wendell