Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    In this post, I posted some vba code between [code] and [/code] tags.

The text as I entered it can be seen in the attached text file: [attachment=86490:Code.txt]

As you can see in the post, the indenting didn't come out as intended.

If I click Edit, I see the text as originally entered. But if I then click Full Editor, I get text with HTML tags embedded:

[attachment=86492:x.png]

which makes it impossible to edit the post...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    • File Type: png x.png (4.4 KB, 0 views)
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thanks
    I can't replicate that in Fx3.5 using either the old-school or the rich-text editor. Were you using IE7/IE8?

If you copy the URL from the page that loads after clicking Use Full Editor, then paste it to the address bar in a new window but delete the part of the URL after the post number, does it load correctly?

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    I'm using IE8, with the Rich Text Editor.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    I've also tested it in Firefox 3.5.4 with the Rich Text Editor.
    The problem with incorrect indenting after posting was the same.
    When I edit a post with incorrect indenting, the incorrect indenting is displayed in the edit box, unlike IE8 which displays the correct indenting as originally entered.
    If I click Use Full Editor, the same is displayed in the edit box as with the limited editor, i.e. no tags.

So the behavior of Firefox is different, but the problem with incorrect indenting remains in both browsers.

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Weird! I've tried with both Firefox 3.5 and IE8, with both the plaintext and rich text editors, and the sample code you provided was posted with proper indenting and was properly editable in every instance, posted as an Administrator and a Member.

I'm not sure how to troubleshoot further. Are you using any sort of JavaScript-blocking feature that might be interfering with the posting box?

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    No, I'm not using a script blocker. I'm running both IE8 and Firefox 3.5.5 without third-party add-ons, toolbars etc.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    I viewed the HTML source of my post, and copied it into Microsoft Word. If I display non-printing characters, I see that some but not all groups of 4 spaces have been replaced with tab characters; this causes the incorrect indent. Why would this happen for me but not for you or your test user?

[attachment=86538:x.png]
    Attached Images Attached Images
    • File Type: png x.png (9.2 KB, 0 views)

Brian Livingston
    A warning about the errant tab behavior has been added to the check box where Loungers can switch on the rich text editor. This cautionary line will have to suffice until Invision delivers a patch for the RTE. Please see the workaround in Post 769243.

Thanks for reporting this.