5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I made this post while working in Ubuntu and something bizarre happened. Most of my reply (post number 8 in the thread) does not appear in the post. When I tried to add another reply, the second reply and the rest of the page looks like part of post number 8.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mbarron View Post
    I made this post while working in Ubuntu and something bizarre happened. Most of my reply (post number 8 in the thread) does not appear in the post. When I tried to add another reply, the second reply and the rest of the page looks like part of post number 8.
    I'm speculating, but I think something went awry with the [quote] tag in Post #8. I made a few attempts to clean it up, but I think it will require knowledge of "the back end" to really do anything with it.

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    The [/quote] node within mbarron's post was missing a closing bracket, causing the rest of the thread to appear WITHIN that comment.

I middle-clicked the "Edit" button from a post in that thread to open the editor in a new window, changed the ID in the query string to that of mbarron's post, and added the missing bracket to restore formatting in the thread. (I then noticed that the next comment was a duplicate, so I deleted the first.)

One would assume IPBoard would validate its BBCode before allowing a post to be submitted. Apparently not. :sigh: