2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I recently reformatted and reinstalled WinXP and MS Office Basic 2003. I also downloaded all of the most current updates, including SP3 for both WinXP and MS Office, as well as IE8.0.

I am now seeing strange font markings in some of my OE6.0 e-mail and on some of the web pages that I visit. Many of them seem to occur around places where punctuation would normally appear.

What causes this? How can I correct the problem?

Robert

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by rjstorms View Post
    I recently reformatted and reinstalled WinXP and MS Office Basic 2003. I also downloaded all of the most current updates, including SP3 for both WinXP and MS Office, as well as IE8.0.

I am now seeing strange font markings in some of my OE6.0 e-mail and on some of the web pages that I visit. Many of them seem to occur around places where punctuation would normally appear.
    It would be useful if you could give an example or two. Occasionally I've seen emails and/or web pages where characters have been replaced by characters with one, two or three more unexpected characters, often 'international' characters - which I put down to Unicode conversions to ASCII... I don't think it's possible to modify the font glyphs themselves.
    BATcher

Time prevents everything happening all at once...

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BATcher View Post
    It would be useful if you could give an example or two. Occasionally I've seen emails and/or web pages where characters have been replaced by characters with one, two or three more unexpected characters, often 'international' characters - which I put down to Unicode conversions to ASCII... I don't think it's possible to modify the font glyphs themselves.
    This never happened until I installed SP3 and IE8. Here are some examples -
    (1)webcast of Ask Pastor John—where John
    (2)Laws of God’s Blessing
    (3)on Facebook at ‘GraceCreates
    (4)only way you’re going to

Robert

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by rjstorms View Post
    This never happened until I installed SP3 and IE8. Here are some examples -
    (1)webcast of Ask Pastor John—where John
    (2)Laws of God’s Blessing
    (3)on Facebook at ‘GraceCreates
    (4)only way you’re going to
    Yes, that is the result I'm referring to!
    For OE6, I would go into Tools -> Options -> Read and look at what the buttons "Fonts" and "International Settings" give. In my (UK) case, it is Font Settings: Western European and Encoding: Western European (Windows), and (greyed out) Western European (Windows).
    For IE8 I would look at Tools -> Internet Options -> General tab, and look at the results of the buttons at the bottom. they are even more UK/GB orientated, so I hope someone in your country can say what settings they find, there and maybe for OE6 also.
    BATcher

Time prevents everything happening all at once...

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BATcher View Post
    Yes, that is the result I'm referring to!
    For OE6, I would go into Tools -> Options -> Read and look at what the buttons "Fonts" and "International Settings" give. In my (UK) case, it is Font Settings: Western European and Encoding: Western European (Windows), and (greyed out) Western European (Windows).
    For IE8 I would look at Tools -> Internet Options -> General tab, and look at the results of the buttons at the bottom. they are even more UK/GB orientated, so I hope someone in your country can say what settings they find, there and maybe for OE6 also.
    Thank you very much for your help. In OE6 my settings were as your's. However, where (greyed out) Western European (Windows) appeared as the default encoding, I unckecked the box below it that said "Use default encoding for all incoming messages" and that solved the problem. Thanks again.
    Robert