4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I have set up lots of folders with my pictures. I create a new folder for each date that the picture was taken with a name along the lines of date and event, for example, 2009_11_14 Woodys Lounge.

When I download files from my camera, using Windows Live Photo Gallery, it sets up folders for each date and name, which is just what I want, but it used the dash instead of the underscore. Is there an easy way to either change all of my existing folders to have the dash instead of underscore or change WLPG so that it uses an underscore instead of dash?

I could go back through all of my folders and change them manually, but I have over 1,000 existing folders, so that would be quite a project.

It isn't a big thing but I like to be consistent. Thanks for any help that you might be able to give me.

Thanks
    Anything in this thread help?

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    That was great! I went with Bulk Renaming Utility and it seemed to work just fine in my tests. I will put it through it's paces tonight. Thanks for the help.

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Hi Leif,

I just wanted to let you know how great this worked out. It took me about 4 hours but that was renaming almost 1,000 folders and almost 30,000 files. About 2/3 of the way through, I discovered that if I clicked on the subfolders button, I could have done it even faster, since that selects all items inside the folders and changes them according to the criteria. Still, it was a great timesaver. Thanks for the help with it.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by donebb View Post
    Hi Leif,

I just wanted to let you know how great this worked out. It took me about 4 hours but that was renaming almost 1,000 folders and almost 30,000 files. About 2/3 of the way through, I discovered that if I clicked on the subfolders button, I could have done it even faster, since that selects all items inside the folders and changes them according to the criteria. Still, it was a great timesaver. Thanks for the help with it.
    Good to hear - thanks for posting back!