5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I am helping a friend who has Vista Home Premium on his system. He has PowerPoint Viewer 2007 installed on his system. When he tries to open a Power Point Presentation directly from his Vista Mail - he gets the message that a program association must be set to open it. However, if he saves the PowerPoint Presentation to his Documents, and then double left clicks on it, it opens just fine. Why is this happening? Thanks for your help.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    In general, it's better to save attachments to disk instead of opening them directly from an e-mail message, but see Unable to open .PPS attachments directly from Windows Mail in Windows Vista for a possible solution.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by HansV View Post
    In general, it's better to save attachments to disk instead of opening them directly from an e-mail message, but see Unable to open .PPS attachments directly from Windows Mail in Windows Vista for a possible solution.
    Hi Hans, I tried the regedit process and the powerpoint presentations will still not open from Windows Mail. Any other suggestions?

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by trebor View Post
    Hi Hans, I tried the regedit process and the powerpoint presentations will still not open from Windows Mail. Any other suggestions?
    Not really - just a recommendation not to open any attachment directly, but to save it to disk first.