Bronze Lounger
    Thanks
    I have a dual boot XP (drive C) and Vista (drive D) plus a large empty partition (E) on the Vista drive. I installed the Vista upgrade and the installation program displays a boot selection screen prior to loading. Is it possible to run Vista, install a W7 upgrade and have a third boot option appear on the OS selection screen? I'm not using any kind of boot manager -- just the one that appeared when upgrading XP to Vista.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Tucker View Post
    I have a dual boot XP (drive C) and Vista (drive D) plus a large empty partition (E) on the Vista drive. I installed the Vista upgrade and the installation program displays a boot selection screen prior to loading. Is it possible to run Vista, install a W7 upgrade and have a third boot option appear on the OS selection screen? I'm not using any kind of boot manager -- just the one that appeared when upgrading XP to Vista.
    Well, that's exactly what I did, Chuck, except that I use VistaBootPRO as my boot manager. I bought the Win 7 Pro and, while running Vista, inserted the Win 7 DVD selecting an empty partition for the install. I now have a successful triple boot of XP, Vista and Windows 7.

Keep in mind that there is a LOT of talk around the web about whether the upgrade "invalidated" my Vista license, but if that's the case, I don't care, since I've never been enthused about Vista.

Bronze Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks Al, I think I'll give it a try. I'm program manage for computer training at our local senior center and I develop all the traning materials for XP, Vista, and hopefully W7 in the near future. That's why I have to have each program installed on my home computer although I use XP for most everyday things. Frankly, when it comes to basics such as Email, Internet and running a few things like word processing, etc. I find very little difference in the OS's other than Vista and W7 add a bunch of relatively useless frills.