New Lounger
    Thanks
    I had to do a clean install of vista home premium due to corrupted files. Installation went fine as best as i can tell. The old system was sent to folder named windows.old. Can this be safely deleted. If so, how would I do this. Am upgrading to Win7 and would like to remove this if it is possible. Thank You

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,057 Times in 926 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by burnnoticefan View Post
    I had to do a clean install of vista home premium due to corrupted files. Installation went fine as best as i can tell. The old system was sent to folder named windows.old. Can this be safely deleted. If so, how would I do this. Am upgrading to Win7 and would like to remove this if it is possible. Thank You
    Use Windows Explorer. Windows.old should be in the root under c:.

Joe
    Joe

Silver Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by burnnoticefan View Post
    As Joe said..... use Windows Explorer, locate the file in "C:\", right-click on it and choose "Delete". If you are 100% sure there is nothing in that folder which you would like to recover and use on your new installation, then you can by-pass the Recycle Bin by holding down the "Shift" key when you click on "Delete".
    Jeff
    simul iustus et peccator

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    If you have enough disk space keep it around, one never knows when one my need to have another look at that "Old" file.

Now running HP Pavilion a6528p, with Win7 64 Bit OS.