Thanks
    Taking the main Inbox, I spent some effort in customising the view to remove the Reading pane, remove some columns, change the various fonts and sizes, and so on. I now want to mirror this customised view in many of the other folders, like Sent, and several subfolders of Inbox, without having to repeat all the original steps.

I haven't seen a way to do this in Outlook, and searching would require me to hit on the exact terminology, which I have so far failed to do.

Can it be done, please?
    BATcher

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you can never know if they are genuine."
    Abraham Lincoln

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    You have to customize a named view for this, not the "current" view. See Disable Group Views - as the article explains, it has a wider bearing than the title suggests.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by HansV View Post
    You have to customize a named view for this, not the "current" view. See Disable Group Views - as the article explains, it has a wider bearing than the title suggests.
    Thanks, Hans - I would have never have found that, ever!
    BATcher

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you can never know if they are genuine."
    Abraham Lincoln

Thanks
    If I could tack on a couple of associated Outlook 2003 queries?

[attachment=86572:Outlook.GIF]

As you can see, the Inbox is now displayed in 'My Layout'!
    1. Is there a way of increasing the typesize of the contents of the Folder List/All Folders?
    2. And of removing the two lines "Folder Sizes" and "Data File Management..."?
    Thanks!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    BATcher

Abraham Lincoln

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    > Is there a way of increasing the typesize of the contents of the Folder List/All Folders?

Alas, no (except by changing your display properties globally in Windows). Same in Outlook 2007 - see Can I change the font in the Navigation Pane?.

> And of removing the two lines "Folder Sizes" and "Data File Management..."?

Again, no, according to Outlook MVPs Milly Staples and Diane Poremsky.

Thanks
    > Is there a way of increasing the typesize of the contents of the Folder List/All Folders?

Alas, no (except by changing your display properties globally in Windows). Same in Outlook 2007 - see Can I change the font in the Navigation Pane?.

> And of removing the two lines "Folder Sizes" and "Data File Management..."?

Again, no, according to Outlook MVPs Milly Staples and Diane Poremsky.
    Thanks - not desperately important, fortunately!
    BATcher

Abraham Lincoln

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BATcher View Post
    And of removing the two lines "Folder Sizes" and "Data File Management..."?
    Add a few more folders and you'll never notice those. Until you mentioned them, I don't think I had ever scrolled down that far.

Lounger
    Thanks
    Yes, I handled this problem by setting up a "StandardMailView" view with all the settings as I wished them. Then, each time I add a new folder I click the View Menu, then Current View, then make sure the StandardMailView is checked for that folder.