3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    My latest query surrounds the Front End and how many instances to have on shared PCs.

The setup is that several users share two PCs so I don't know whether to give each of their logins a copy of the Front End, or just have one in a shared location on each PC.

The thoughts that come to mind are as each PC is shared it will make deployment of updates easier if I only have to make two updates, one for each PC.

However, if a user does not close down their session and leaves their Front End up and running, then I'm not sure what the implications of another user logging on to that PC and running up the same Front End is. I suspect it's the same as running up an unsplit Access DB from several locations.

On a server based network I quite happily give each user their own Front End, usually stored in their own folders on the Server.

All suggestions thoughts and members experiences would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Niven

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    I'd give each user a personal copy of the front end - if one user messes things up the other will still be able to work. And sometimes it's handy to store a temporary table in the frontend; it's better if users have their own copy of such a table.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by HansV View Post
    I'd give each user a personal copy of the front end - if one user messes things up the other will still be able to work. And sometimes it's handy to store a temporary table in the frontend; it's better if users have their own copy of such a table.
    Many thanks your reply Hans,

This makes sense!

Cheers,

Niven