MustangGuy

Outlook 2002 Issues (Outlook 2002)

I just upgraded to Office 2002, and have the following issues. I am hopeful that someone can help me with these problems. Thanks in advance.

1. I connect to the internet via dial-up. In Outlook 2000, after I composed an email message and pressed "send", the message would go into my Outbox and sit there until the next regularly scheduled automatic mail send/receive operation (scheduled for every 40 minutes). However, in Outlook 2002, when I press "send" after composing an email message, Outlook brings up my internet connection, dials, sends the single message, and disconnects. How do I make Outlook 2002 behave like Outlook 2000 for sending messages? I can't seem to find a setting.

2. In Outlook 2000, when working with email accounts, you had the opportunity to Import and Export mail account settings files (.iaf files). I am unable to find this feature in Outlook 2002.

3. After upgrading from Office 2000 to Office XP, the Auto Disconnect feature of Internet Explorer has stopped working. I always have Outlook 2002 open. If I dial my ISP to go to some web sites and then close Internet Explorer (v5.5), the Auto Disconnect box does not come up like it used to before I upgraded to Office XP. However, if I then close Outlook 2002, the Auto Disconnect box appears. Auto Disconnect never appears anymore when I finish web browsing and close Internet Explorer; only if I then close Outlook 2002 will the Auto Disconnect box appear. I have verified that the "Disconnect when this connection may no longer be needed" box is checked for my DUN connection.

Thanks

Re: Outlook 2002 Issues (Outlook 2002)

I still use OL2K, but try changing your connection tab settings for the Internet e-mail account from "Connect using phone line" to "I establish the connection manually." This should at least fix #1, and might help with #3.

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

2) that was with IMO mode only. Since there is no longer two modes, that feature was removed.

1 & 3) look at tools > options > mail setup, inlcluding checking out the options available under the send recieve button on that page.

also, on the account properties for each mail account (tools > email accounts) you want to phone line or dialer, NOT the LAN setting.

MustangGuy

I have reviewed the settings you referenced and don't see anything that I can change that will cause 1 & 3 to change. Can you be more specific?