Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    A short time ago, I was in Windows Mobile forum and read the lone new thread there. But the new post icon would not clear after repeated tries until I used the "Mark all as read" link. I wonder if it happens to anyone else and if it might be because the thread is a POLL?

[attachment=86606:2009-11-19_072547.png]
    Attached Images Attached Images

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    This is a known problem, it happens with most forums. The Windows Secrets staff have taken it up with the makers of IP.Board.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    Aha, I didn't know that. I thought the known problem was on the forum subscriptions page and that's why I've been using the Lobby the past few days. This is the first time an icon (via the Lobby) has failed to clear.

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    We're still working with Invision Power to obtain a fix for the specified problem, which I believe also ties into the timing issues seen elsewhere (e.g. the "N new post(s) since your last visit" on the Your followed items page and others.)

The workaround I've been using is clicking the Mark all threads read button at the top of the forum after having read all of the posts therein. This seems to consistently clear the "new" markers in the Lobby.

Silver Lounger
    Thanks
    Al,
    There is a problem there as well, as I mentioned in a reply to you here:
    "... And it seems like there are problems with the forum icons in the Lounge Lobby (main index) as well ..."

I don't aspire to have read all the posts (since 2000) in all the forums that I follow , so, at the moment, I personally don't see the Lounge Lobby icons as a problem, since new posts will be shown when being inside the forum (if I follow a forum I usually visit it) as well as on the New posts page.

However, I do understand that people use (or want to use) the icon status in the Lounge lobby as a "notifier" about new posts in a specific forum. And even if they also have not read all posts, they mark them as being read to be able to use the status of the icon on the main page.