Thanks
    I tried to send Woody this question first but guess he isn't taking any more messages? So I'll post it here.
    -------------------------------------------------
    Hi Woody,
    Just read your November WS article on Win 7.
    I haven't yet installed it yet ( beyond the RC version ) but what caught my eye was the statement:

"With the price of Win7 Home Premium upgrades running in the fire-sale range, why sweat it?"
    Maybe I should post this in the Win 7 forum but thought I would catch you here first.

Question:

1.What do you consider fire sale prices?
    2.Where can I find some of these sales?

Has anyone found any of these firesale prices yet?

BOB
    http://lounge.windowssecrets.com/S/flags/USA.gif http://lounge.windowssecrets.com/S/f...sachusetts.gif

Long ago, there was a time when men cursed and beat on the ground with sticks. It was called witchcraft.
    Today it is called golf!

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,057 Times in 926 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by viking33 View Post
    I tried to send Woody this question first but guess he isn't taking any more messages? So I'll post it here.
    Hi Woody,
    Just read your November WS article on Win 7.
    I haven't yet installed it yet ( beyond the RC version ) but what caught my eye was the statement:

"With the price of Win7 Home Premium upgrades running in the fire-sale range, why sweat it?"
    Maybe I should post this in the Win 7 forum but thought I would catch you here first.

Question:

1.What do you consider fire sale prices?
    2.Where can I find some of these sales?

Has anyone found any of these firesale prices yet?
    If you have more than one PC to upgrade, Windows 7 Home Premium Upgrade Family Pack - Windows at Best Buy for $149.99 is a great price. Good for three PCs.

Amazon.com: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium Upgrade: Software is $107.16 for a single upgrade.

You may be able to find a black Friday special by keeping an eye on Black Friday Ads for Black Friday 2009 and Black Friday Deals! or Black Friday 2009 Thanksgiving Day Black Friday Ads at Black-Friday.net or your local newspaper.

Joe
    Joe

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by joeperez View Post
    If you have more than one PC to upgrade, Windows 7 Home Premium Upgrade Family Pack - Windows at Best Buy for $149.99 is a great price. Good for three PCs.

Amazon.com: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium Upgrade: Software is $107.16 for a single upgrade.

You may be able to find a black Friday special by keeping an eye on Black Friday Ads for Black Friday 2009 and Black Friday Deals! or Black Friday 2009 Thanksgiving Day Black Friday Ads at Black-Friday.net or your local newspaper.

Joe
    Thanks, Joe.
    The Amazon price is the best I've seen so far. I'm hoping for some better prices once the "newness" wears off? I will keep my eye on those BF ads.
    So far as my local papers go, they are just running great buys on Windows 95 about now.
    BOB
    http://lounge.windowssecrets.com/S/flags/USA.gif http://lounge.windowssecrets.com/S/f...sachusetts.gif

Long ago, there was a time when men cursed and beat on the ground with sticks. It was called witchcraft.
    Today it is called golf!