Platinum Lounger
    Thanks
    I have just been "wowed" by a voice recognition system.
    My contact in the company says "Regarding to the telephone system, the name is Parlance, and I read it has 90%-95% accuracy rate."

The links below MAY be relevant; I haven't checked to see which really is Parlance and which isn't, but first,
    The Commercial:
    (1) By now my accent is really weird; first question asked of me 'Where are you from"; born in UK, raised in Australia, lived in Canada for 25+ years, I can switch into a pure accent, but am often mistaken for a SAfrican or KIWI. Most times people don't even try to guess.
    (2) My contact's name is Mirtha Quattrochi, and even I, raised amongst east European post-war immigrants, was reluctant to try it
    I dialled one of the two offices in Toronto, and figured that the combination of my accent, my pronunciation of Mirtha's name and the possibility that she may be based at the other office doomed me to failure.
    The response? "Connecting you"!

I know little more than this: If I were looking for voice recognition software to support a general-purpose human interface I'd check out Parlance.

Links?
    Parlance Telephony, Inc.
    Book extract
    Vassar campus

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisgreaves View Post
    I have just been "wowed" by a voice recognition system.
    Follow-up:
    I had reason to call my contact back this morning.
    A human switchboard answered, and I had to spell out the name of my contact before I was connected.
    The machine version really was faster than the human!