2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I have an access database with over 330,000 records from an applicant tracking system. The problem I am having is that the database won't export my data and excel can't handle the huge amount of data either. Is there a way I can query on my requisition table to pull only requisitions between 2463 through 4199. Then I can break up the tables and export them out into excel. Thank you in advance

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Corden View Post
    I have an access database with over 330,000 records from an applicant tracking system. The problem I am having is that the database won't export my data and excel can't handle the huge amount of data either. Is there a way I can query on my requisition table to pull only requisitions between 2463 through 4199. Then I can break up the tables and export them out into excel. Thank you in advance
    you could try a query with a criteria viz:
    SELECT * FROM [requisition table] WHERE Requisitions BETWEEN 2463 AND 4199.

This will query return all fields in the table.

Substitute the table name and Requisitions to the appropriate names.

When the query returns all the desired records, output these to excel.

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Corden View Post
    ... Then I can break up the tables and export them out into excel.
    Pat has given you a query that you should be able to export. However, I suspect your fundamental issue is that your workstation doesn't have enough memory (RAM and swap space) to pull the entire table in and do the export function you are trying to do. You don't indicated what version of Access and Excel you are working with, but it is not 2007 since one of the nice aspects of Excel 2007 is that it is limited in row size only by the memory in your PC. I have personally pulled in more than a million rows and done editing on them.

The other thing puzzling me is what you are going to do with them when you end up with 6 or more worksheets in an Excel workbook. If it is just for archival purposes, a simple backup of your Access database would be just as effective. If it is for statistical analysis of some sort, you will have a challenge trying to do that across worksheets.
    Wendell