Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1
    4 Star Lounger
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Location
    Dundee, Scotland
    Posts
    404
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Opera 10.10 released and available at http://www.opera.com/browser/

    If you haven't tried Opera lately, the 10 series of releases will be a revelation. Maybe a little tricky to get the way you want, but that won't faze us here, will it?

    John (Unreconstructed Jacobite)

  2. #2
    Bronze Lounger IanWilson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2000
    Location
    Bristol, United Kingdom
    Posts
    1,523
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jonWallace View Post
    Opera 10.10 released and available at http://www.opera.com/browser/

    If you haven't tried Opera lately, the 10 series of releases will be a revelation. Maybe a little tricky to get the way you want, but that won't faze us here, will it?
    Thanks for the alert. Have you tried Opera Unite?


    Ian


  3. #3
    4 Star Lounger
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Location
    Dundee, Scotland
    Posts
    404
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by IanWilson View Post
    Thanks for the alert. Have you tried Opera Unite?
    No I haven't. I don't really have a need for anything like that, but the feelings on the Opera forum are mixed, split between those who think it's great and those who think it'll allow [your enemy of choice here] to take over your pc.


    John (Unreconstructed Jacobite)

  4. #4
    Bronze Lounger IanWilson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2000
    Location
    Bristol, United Kingdom
    Posts
    1,523
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jonWallace View Post
    No I haven't. I don't really have a need for anything like that, but the feelings on the Opera forum are mixed, split between those who think it's great and those who think it'll allow [your enemy of choice here] to take over your pc.
    I haven't either. Like you I'm not sure I'd have a use for it.

    Ian



  5. #5
    3 Star Lounger
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Location
    Boulder, Colorado, USA
    Posts
    231
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    My update (10.01 to 10.10) failed. It downloads the update, and when I click for it to automatically update,
    it asks which user it's for (and I OK the usual), but then nothing happens. At the first try, it announced
    that the download had happened but not the install. I mostly use Firefox, but Opera is always 2nd in line.
    If anyone has had this experience, it would be good to hear the story, or ideas.

  6. #6
    3 Star Lounger
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Location
    Boulder, Colorado, USA
    Posts
    231
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by yerubal View Post
    My update (10.01 to 10.10) failed. It downloads the update, and when I click for it to automatically update,
    it asks which user it's for (and I OK the usual), but then nothing happens. At the first try, it announced
    that the download had happened but not the install. I mostly use Firefox, but Opera is always 2nd in line.
    If anyone has had this experience, it would be good to hear the story, or ideas.
    I just did the update, as follows. In the download folder, there was a folder pertaining to Opera.
    It included 3 files, and I double-clicked on Opera_1010_in_Setup.msi
    (I have no idea why this manual install was necessary)

  7. #7
    New Lounger
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Lisburn. UK
    Posts
    2
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I used the 10.10 beta that proved to me to be the best browser out there, I had been using FFox that I was never really keen on.
    I now have Opera 10.10 latest build 1983, its still the best..
    Enjoy life - you only get 1.
    Ian

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •