Star Lounger
    Thanks
    A notice for a Windows Update (for Root Certificates, KB931125) appeared on my taskbar this morning. I downloaded & installed the update and then the icon appeared again on the taskbar. I installed the update again and the icon appeared again. I have now installed the update several times and rebooted my computer a couple of times, but the icon is still there. I went directly to the Windows Update page and installed all critical updates as well as KB931125 again. Still, the notification is on the taskbar. Any ideas about how I can get rid of it?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by bdh View Post
    A notice for a Windows Update (for Root Certificates, KB931125) appeared on my taskbar this morning. I downloaded & installed the update and then the icon appeared again on the taskbar. I installed the update again and the icon appeared again. I have now installed the update several times and rebooted my computer a couple of times, but the icon is still there. I went directly to the Windows Update page and installed all critical updates as well as KB931125 again. Still, the notification is on the taskbar. Any ideas about how I can get rid of it?
    Try going into Windows Explorer> C:\Windows folder. Look within the list of hotfixes for that KB number. It will have $xxxxx$ symbols around it. Open that KB number and there will be a Spuninst folder. Click on the spuninst.exe file and it should uninstall that hotfix.
    Do a reinstall from MS Update.
    BOB
    http://lounge.windowssecrets.com/S/flags/USA.gif http://lounge.windowssecrets.com/S/f...sachusetts.gif

Long ago, there was a time when men cursed and beat on the ground with sticks. It was called witchcraft.
    Today it is called golf!