Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I did look around for a post or help on this and did not see any so either I missed it or I'm the only one that has run into this problem.

Today I recieved teh email from Woody about teh change over and the free offer for 6 months to the paid version of the Windows Secret Newsletter. I folloowed the link provided in the email but when I entered my email address per the instructions I got an error that the email address had already been used and could not ne used again.

This was the first and only time I've tried to follow those steps. AT this point I can't tell if I just did something wrong or if the fact is I didn't need to do anything because I was auto-registered. I also read in a post on this that read "By November 17th,2009" was a cut off for teh offer but I did not get the email about the offer until today the 24th.

Anyone else run into any problems or have any input about this?

Thanks

----- EDIT BY BRIAN L. -----

This glitch has been corrected; please see Comment #10 below.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by edcarden View Post
    Today I recieved teh email from Woody about teh change over and the free offer for 6 months to the paid version of the Windows Secret Newsletter. I folloowed the link provided in the email but when I entered my email address per the instructions I got an error that the email address had already been used and could not ne used again.
    I don't think you have to ENTER your email address again, Ed. When you followed the link, did it have your email address already in the box? Mine did and all I had to do was click the "Go" button and go from there.

Mine may have been different than yours since I'm already a paid subscriber. If so, what do YOU see when you first click the link in Woody's email? Maybe a screenshot would help.

Brian Livingston
    Everyone who was a Lounge member on Nov. 17 should have received the offer via e-mail by now. Your e-mail address should have been automatically filled into the resulting Web form when you clicked the link. You can enter any other e-mail address you like, but if you don't change the e-mail address you should just be able to click OK and receive six months of the paid version of the newsletter for free.

We've just now gone over your account, and you should be able to get the offer with no problem. Please try the link again now. If it works, everything is fine. If not, reply here and we'll correct it for you manually.

Thanks for reporting this.

Bronze Lounger
    Thanks
    I have tried several times, and keep getting the same response. I do have a current 'free' subscription.

[attachment=86707:WS Offer.GIF]
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian Livingston View Post
    If it works, everything is fine....
    I've just tried. I got to the "A gift for Lounge members..." page, clicked OK, then got a totally blank page. By blank, I mean nothing - view Page Source is totally empty.
    (URL = =https://windowssecrets.com/signup-gift/index.php)

But as my preferences state "Paid expiry date: Lifetime subscription" it is difficult to know whether or not anything happened anyway...

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Leif View Post
    I've just tried. I got to the "A gift for Lounge members..." page, clicked OK, then got a totally blank page....
    ...which is what also (just) happened for me. OTOH, I do *not* have a paid subscription.........
    Grüße

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Code:
    ...which is what also (just) happened for me. OTOH, I do *not* have a paid subscription.........
    And me too!
    Regards
    John

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by johnhutchison View Post
    Code:
    And me too!
    same here
    Regards
    Prasad

New Lounger
    Thanks
    I am having the same issue. When I click on the link from the e-mail it goes to the Windows Secrets "A gift for Lounge members from Windows Secrets". My e-mail was already displayed. I clicked "GO" and get the page cannot be displayed. I know everything is working fine, but simply can not get the link to work. I did sign up for the free version but there was no where to indicate that I was a Lounger so that I would receive the offer.
    Charlie

Brian Livingston
    Bug in six-month offer fixed!

The errors shown above involved some e-mail addresses that contained a capital letter in the Wopr.com database. This glitch was corrected by our hard-working Admin, Tony Johnston, at 9 p.m. Pacific Time Nov. 24/5 a.m. GMT Nov. 25.

If you clicked the OK button and saw a "We're sorry" message, please try once again the link in the e-mail message you received. The OK button should now work, regardless of any uppercase letters. There is no need to edit your e-mail address in the input box (unless you wish to receive the Windows Secrets Newsletter at a different address than the one you use for the Lounge).

Thanks for reporting this!

New Lounger
    Thanks
    I am still having the same issue. I go to the link. Ensure that my e-mail address is correct. Click go. Then recieve "The page cannot be displayed. I copied the url, https://windowssecrets.com/signup-gift/index.php, to a new address bar and entered my e-mail address. I then recieved "We couldn't process your e-mail address. Please check the spelling and try again.
    Charlie

Thanks
    About an hour ago, when I first started composing this reply... When I click through from email with my pin and then click Go, the page is returning a 500 Internal Server Error. For security reasons, PHP is configured not to tell me exactly what went wrong, but instead send just a blank page.

Now... the page returns several errors from db.php. Presumably someone is actively debugging this and will fix it ASAP.

If I go directly to the page without using the coded URL, enter my address and click Go, I still get "We couldn't process your e-mail address. Please check the spelling and try again." But this might be because I already responded to the offer.

Brian Livingston
    Quote Originally Posted by GEIGERTIGER View Post
    I copied the url ...
    Geigertiger, don't copy that URL. There is no six-month offer that starts with signup-gift in the URL. The link in the e-mail from Woody has subscribe-woody in the URL. Use that link.

Jscher2000, If you've already responded to the offer and received the six-month extension, the page will give you an error (by design).

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian Livingston View Post
    Jscher2000, If you've already responded to the offer and received the six-month extension, the page will give you an error (by design).
    Yes, I was getting the wrong error message when I posted that, but I get the correct error message now.

Bronze Lounger
    Thanks
    Brian, Thanks. I was experiencing an IE error earlier today (which was different to my previous report yesterday) stating that the page could not be displayed, however I am now all signed up. Thanks.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast