Results 1 to 14 of 14
  1. #1
    New Lounger
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Mackay, Idaho
    Posts
    13
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Received email from Woody today regarding the Windows Secrets offer and I opted for it. When I continued to follow the instructions I was led to two offers. One had to do with Windows 7 which I do not have and the other was " The Best 9 Utility Programs Free" As I was reading the PDF I accidently exited the screen. Careless I know but I cannot return to the offer. I did find one of the utility programs I had the presence of mind to write down the name: CCleaner and the name of the company: Piriform. I have downloaded the alternative (free) version (225.exe). If anyone has a way I can return to the original site that was offered in the email I would greatly appreciate it. If I have forever lost my opportunity then I would appreciate that information as well.
    Thank You
    Idgrandma

  2. #2
    Plutonium Lounger Leif's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2000
    Location
    U.K.
    Posts
    14,010
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Idgrandma View Post
    If anyone has a way I can return to the original site that was offered in the email I would greatly appreciate it.
    Are you sure you weren't 'Signed out' when you closed the window? Try signing back in and you should see the offer still there.

    (I don't think you can stay 'Logged in' at windowssecrets.com - as soon as you quit, you are out.)

  3. #3
    New Lounger
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Mackay, Idaho
    Posts
    13
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Leif View Post
    Are you sure you weren't 'Signed out' when you closed the window? Try signing back in and you should see the offer still there.

    (I don't think you can stay 'Logged in' at windowssecrets.com - as soon as you quit, you are out.)

    Thanks, I shall try your suggestion. I was able to get into Windows Secrets Newsletter, (just gotta remember my reader #) Now do you have info on the offering from Woody's email ??

  4. #4
    New Lounger
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    2
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Idgrandma View Post
    Received email from Woody today regarding the Windows Secrets offer and I opted for it. When I continued to follow the instructions I was led to two offers. One had to do with Windows 7 which I do not have and the other was " The Best 9 Utility Programs Free" As I was reading the PDF I accidently exited the screen. Careless I know but I cannot return to the offer. I did find one of the utility programs I had the presence of mind to write down the name: CCleaner and the name of the company: Piriform. I have downloaded the alternative (free) version (225.exe). If anyone has a way I can return to the original site that was offered in the email I would greatly appreciate it. If I have forever lost my opportunity then I would appreciate that information as well.
    Thank You
    Idgrandma
    I am having the same problem & can't get back in, were you able to resolve it & if so can you help me?

  5. #5
    New Lounger
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Mackay, Idaho
    Posts
    13
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by yardstick41 View Post
    I am having the same problem & can't get back in, were you able to resolve it & if so can you help me?
    Not so far Yardstick. I think I (we) may be in the wrong forum (??) I jumped into this thread because they were talking about the 6 mos free Windows Secrets Newsletter.
    Welcome, this is a great place. Folks are real patient.

  6. #6
    Super Moderator jscher2000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2001
    Location
    Silicon Valley, USA
    Posts
    23,112
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 93 Times in 89 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Idgrandma View Post
    When I continued to follow the instructions I was led to two offers. One had to do with Windows 7 which I do not have and the other was " The Best 9 Utility Programs Free" As I was reading the PDF I accidently exited the screen.
    This worked for me.

    Use this link: https://windowssecrets.com/contrib.php

    Log in with your email address and reader number. If you didn't scribble down your reader number, there is a link further down the page to have it sent to you.

    After passing through the contribution and update-your-preferences screens, the current paid subscriber offers will be redisplayed.

    Does it work for you?

    ----- EDIT BY BRIAN L. -----

    There's a better way. See Comment #9 below.

  7. #7
    New Lounger
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Mackay, Idaho
    Posts
    13
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    YEAH !!! Lookie, Lookie, Lookie, It worked. Thank You, Timestamp. I would ask you how you did this but I fear it would be above my pay grade. I am making a note of this link and have bookmarked the tab. Now if it's ok with you I will notify Yardstick of the link. Obliged, Idgrandma

  8. #8
    Super Moderator jscher2000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2001
    Location
    Silicon Valley, USA
    Posts
    23,112
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 93 Times in 89 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Idgrandma View Post
    I would ask you how you did this but I fear it would be above my pay grade.
    Actually, I had not responded to the email yet, so I clicked the link and got to that page and noted the URL. Then I tested using my other browser (which didn't have the login stored, so I had to get the reader code). Just a little trial and error.

  9. #9
    Brian Livingston
    Guest
    The easiest way to get the Windows Secrets bonus downloads (one for free subscribers plus another for paid subscribers) is:

    1. Make sure you're a subscriber. You should already have received at least one e-mail newsletter, which shows your reader number at the top and bottom.
    2. Go to your preferences page and sign in: https://WindowsSecrets.com/prefs/
    3. Make sure your preferences are set the way you want them. Then click the Save and Continue button.
    4. You will reach a Thank You page from which you can download any bonuses you are entitled to (free or paid).

    Going to the WS contrib page, by contrast, would also work, but assumes that you want to make a contribution. This is not necessary, if you are already receiving the paid version of the newsletter.

    Thanks.

  10. #10
    New Lounger
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Mackay, Idaho
    Posts
    13
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian Livingston View Post
    The easiest way to get the Windows Secrets bonus downloads (one for free subscribers plus another for paid subscribers) is:

    1. Make sure you're a subscriber. You should already have received at least one e-mail newsletter, which shows your reader number at the top and bottom.
    2. Go to your preferences page and sign in: https://WindowsSecrets.com/prefs/
    3. Make sure your preferences are set the way you want them. Then click the Save and Continue button.
    4. You will reach a Thank You page from which you can download any bonuses you are entitled to (free or paid).

    Going to the WS contrib page, by contrast, would also work, but assumes that you want to make a contribution. This is not necessary, if you are already receiving the paid version of the newsletter.

    Thanks.




    I graciously appreciate all your help, information, and patience. If you are in the US have a good T-Day and if you are not then Namaste.

  11. #11
    Lounger
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Ridley Park, PA
    Posts
    25
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Hello all!

    I am a paid subscriber though I haven't received my invitation yet - just the email announcing that it's coming. I happened to know, however, where the lounge was and so I came to check it out. My Windows Secrets login didn't work so I created a new login. Should I not have done that??

    Also, I just noticed that from my Preferences page at WS, when I clicked on the "Continue" link it took me to a page asking me if I wanted to become a Paid Subscriber - though I already am and was signed in at the time. ??? My subscription does expire at the end of December - is that why it is asking me again now? I would think it would at least recognize that I am a current subscriber and not act like I am a completely new reader.

    Thanks!

    Jim

  12. #12
    Plutonium Lounger
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Location
    Lexington, Kentucky, USA
    Posts
    12,107
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim McGowan View Post
    I am a paid subscriber though I haven't received my invitation yet - just the email announcing that it's coming. I happened to know, however, where the lounge was and so I came to check it out. My Windows Secrets login didn't work so I created a new login. Should I not have done that??

    Also, I just noticed that from my Preferences page at WS, when I clicked on the "Continue" link it took me to a page asking me if I wanted to become a Paid Subscriber - though I already am and was signed in at the time. ??? My subscription does expire at the end of December - is that why it is asking me again now? I would think it would at least recognize that I am a current subscriber and not act like I am a completely new reader.
    Hi Jim and Welcome to The Lounge!

    Brian or one of the Admins will I'm sure give you a definitive answer but yes, I think WS readers will have to login anew here and create a username. The reason I'm guessing that is because at WS subscribers are handled by email address and reader number which is nothing like what we have here in The Lounge. Although I'm sure Brian's goal is as much "cross traffic" as possible, I believe it will still be possible to be a Lounge member or WS subscriber without being both.

    I can't comment about what happened when you clicked your WS preferences but I'd guess it was seeing you as a Lounger and not a WS subscriber.

    We hope you like this place!

  13. #13
    Platinum Lounger
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Posts
    3,788
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim McGowan View Post
    Hello all!

    I am a paid subscriber though I haven't received my invitation yet - just the email announcing that it's coming. I happened to know, however, where the lounge was and so I came to check it out. My Windows Secrets login didn't work so I created a new login. Should I not have done that??

    Also, I just noticed that from my Preferences page at WS, when I clicked on the "Continue" link it took me to a page asking me if I wanted to become a Paid Subscriber - though I already am and was signed in at the time. ??? My subscription does expire at the end of December - is that why it is asking me again now? I would think it would at least recognize that I am a current subscriber and not act like I am a completely new reader.

    Thanks!

    Jim
    Have you previously been a member of these forums? You must have had a login ID for the Lounge prior to 5pm New York time on Tuesday November 17th to qualify for the 6 months free subscription offer. Details are contained in this post.

  14. #14
    Lounger
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Ridley Park, PA
    Posts
    25
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    @Big Al:

    Sounds about right. Hopefully I'll hear from someone. I'm not certain if I was supposed to create a login before getting the official email invitation.

    Thanks!

    @Tony:

    No, I was not a forum member here before creating that login. And no, I knew nothing about the free membership - I wouldn't expect that for those who are already premium supporters of WinSecrets. I just picked here to post because I was jumping around reading posts all through the forum and this thread seemed more active than others.

    Thanks!

    Jim

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •