Platinum Lounger
    Thanks
    In the attached .doc is a table cell with the word PROBLEM. I want the borders for this cell to be the same broken line at the bottom, as it appears in much of the rest of the document. I seem to be able to change the Cell Borders and Shading properly for any other cell, but not this one. Or maybe it's the whole row that's screwy? Any ideas appreciated.

Alan
    Attached Files Attached Files

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    It appears to be a problem of that row and the one below it. To repair it:

• Select the Suburb and Telephone rows in the Residential Details section, and delete them.
    • Select the Suburb and Telephone rows in the Managing Agent Details section, and copy them.
    • Right-click the Home row in the Resident Details section, and select Paste Rows from the popup menu.

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks Hans. Nice simple solution, but I was hoping to find out exactly what was causing the problem. I did actually manage to do a manual formatting fix on the duplicate rows below the problem ones, but the same approach did not work for the (apparently) identical ones in RESIDENTIAL. Are there any standard troubleshooting methods for table borders? I seem to recall it's not the first time I've had problems with this feature. What exactly is the source of such problems?

Alan

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    I think the merged/split cells are the cause of the problem - it is a rather wonky feature of Word tables.

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by HansV View Post
    I think the merged/split cells are the cause of the problem - it is a rather wonky feature of Word tables.
    Yes, that's a Quasimodo*. I also seem to recall not merging cells containing text or formatting (inserting after the event). Other problems like nested tables come to mind as the nightmare returns. I wonder if there's any virtue in doing it in HTML first? Then again... there are nowhere near the number of formatting options IIRC.

Alan

* = "rings a bell"