Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Hi,

See attached sample spreadsheet

I've struggled with this problem for a while. I wish summarize the "this year" & "last year" fees into groups. e.g. 0 to 1000, 1001 to 2000, 2001 to 3000 etc.
    For each group I wish count how many invoices were in each group. I've achieved that in the sample, but its not flexible with amounts embedded in formulas (something I try to avoid).

I was hoping the Lounge could help improve the flexibility to allow changes to the group thresholds without changing the formulas. I thought SUMPRODUCT would meet my needs but I can't seem to get it to work as I don't fully understand how it might work with this data.

Thanks for you help.

Matthew
    Attached Files Attached Files

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks
    See Attached. I have modified your existing sum formulas and added two columns to show an alternative way to calc the frequencies. I did not update your current frequency formulas, but I expect you can do that yourself using the example sumif formulas I gave.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Jan Karel Pieterse
    Microsoft Excel MVP, WMVP
    www.jkp-ads.com
    Professional Office Developers Association

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by pieterse View Post
    See Attached. I have modified your existing sum formulas and added two columns to show an alternative way to calc the frequencies. I did not update your current frequency formulas, but I expect you can do that yourself using the example sumif formulas I gave.

Thanks Jan,

Your changes achieve what I want & I've a new function (FREQUENCY) to study up on. Until now I've never seen it applied, so didn't understand how it worked. I think I could use that function in several other worksheets I have.

Regards,

Matthew

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks
    Just remember that it is an array function -entered with control+shift+enter- in all cells that contain the function at the same time.
    Jan Karel Pieterse
    Microsoft Excel MVP, WMVP
    www.jkp-ads.com
    Professional Office Developers Association