Bronze Lounger
    Thanks
    As nearly as I can see, no U3 flash drive has software that is officially compatible with Windows 7. I would be happy to stand corrected in that regard.

I confess I was disappointed, to use diplomatic language, to find I may have purchased software from a prominent password-management software vendor today that is designed for U3.

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    From http://www.u3.com/support/#CQ4
    4. Does U3 support Vista? Windows 98? Mac?
    The U3 Launchpad supports the following operating systems:

Windows Vista (you need to have U3 Launchpad version 1.4 or higher. If you do not have version 1.4 of the U3 Launchpad click here to learn how to check for updates to the U3 Launchpad.
    Windows XP, all service packs
    Windows 2000, SP4

Mac OS, Linux, Unix and the older versions of Windows OS are not supported. On these systems your U3 smart drive will function as a regular USB flash drive

Now running HP Pavilion a6528p, with Win7 64 Bit OS.

Thanks
    I don't know about "Officially Compatible" with W7, but I have a SanDisk U3 Cruzr (16GB) and all applications including their password manager (which I don't use) work. I prefer Steganos Password Manager 12 which is W7 (32/64) compatible.
    I have noticed too just as a side note that the portable version that is on my Flash Drive is faster than the one on my laptop.
    Thanks John
    Teamwork is essential; it gives the enemy other people to shoot at. (Murphy's War Laws #39)

New Lounger
    Thanks
    I am currently using U3 version 1,6,1,2 and having no problems. I am using Roboform for U3 as my password manager and am very happy with it.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by John Genzano View Post
    I am currently using U3 version 1,6,1,2 and having no problems. I am using Roboform for U3 as my password manager and am very happy with it.
    Me too though I'm at version 1.6.1.7 and I did have to set the compatability mode of LaunchU3.exe to Vista/Sp2 for it to run.