Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    New version of this popular utility: see CCleaner - Builds for the available downloads.

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks
    Checking the new features, an interesting one is that it can now vacuum the database files used by Firefox and Google Chrome. Those browsers use SQLite database files to store user data such as bookmarks and browsing history, and eventually the database files can become quite large. Vacuuming those files can help improve performance of the browsers. Firefox 3.6 will automatically vacuum the main database file (the one storing bookmarks and browsing history), but this option in CCleaner may help improve Firefox and Chrome performance. In CCleaner, the vacuum feature is listed as "Compact Databases" in the options.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    That looks like a useful new option.

Another new feature is to flush the DNS cache. That can be handy if a website has moved to a new address but your browser doesn't see it, but I'm not sure it's useful to do this each time you run CCleaner.

Silver Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by HansV View Post
    New version of this popular utility [...]
    And ooops, there my browsing history went to, eh, into the history of lost items.

Time for some afternoon , I think.

Fx is very brisk now, however, grumble grumble; look on the bright side.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    CCleaner can be configured to clean only specific features - clear the check boxes for things that you'd rather leave alone...

Silver Lounger
    Thanks
    Yes, I know. I've used the software some times before, and I cleared some check boxes this time as well. I missed one, apparently ...