Denver, CO, USA

System parameters: Win 7 - 64 (clean install, dual boot with XP Pro); Office Pro 2007 (clean install) version 12.0.4518.1014

Problem: If I open more than one file in Excel 2007, the Taskbar Preview (hover mouse over XL icon on taskbar) shows both files, but with an "X" instead of a preview image of the file itself. It does show the file name correctly. Believe me, I've googled this several ways, and all I found is that others have the same problem and supposedly MS has corrected it in Office 2010.

BTW, Word does not exhibit this behavior, although I hear PowerPoint acts like Excel. Every other program I've tried is fine.

It's hard for me to believe Microsoft hasn't fixed this, as they have known about it since Win7 beta. I find the preview a very handy feature of Win7.

Caveat: I have not downloaded & installed all the latest "fixes" to Office or Win7.

Help would be much appreciated.

Burwash, East Sussex, United Kingdom
    I can't offer a solution unfortunately, but I can say that I don't think patching will do any good. My system is fully patched and I have the same issue (it's fine with only one doc open, or if you turn off the windows in taskbar setting, but obviously that defeats the point!) though I can (I think I'm allowed) confirm that it's fine in the 2010 Beta.
    Hopefully there will be a fix available soon.

Microsoft MVP - Excel