Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1. #1
    New Lounger
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    13
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    In Device Manager, I have a yellow exclamation on this device -- 'Texas Instruments 1394 OHCI Compliant Host Controller'. In its properties under General tab, the Device status say "Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)

    First, I'm not sure what the device is.... printer maybe?

    I have tried the Internet driver updating and nothing. I searched the Microsoft Knowledge Base and didn't see anything that seemed related to this.

    Anyone know what the problem is and how to fix the problem?

  2. #2
    Plutonium Lounger
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Location
    Lexington, Kentucky, USA
    Posts
    12,107
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by BARC View Post
    In Device Manager, I have a yellow exclamation on this device -- 'Texas Instruments 1394 OHCI Compliant Host Controller'.
    I have no idea but see if anything in this Google search sheds any light:


  3. #3
    Super Moderator
    Join Date
    Dec 2000
    Location
    Renton, Washington, USA
    Posts
    12,560
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    You do not state what OS you are using, and if it is a upgraded OS.

    I saw this when I was Beta testing Windows XP on a Sony laptop. It was that there was no drivers for the "Firewire" port in the Beta of XP. When Sony came out with a driver after the release of XP, these drives and device were much happier.

    Now running HP Pavilion a6528p, with Win7 64 Bit OS.

  4. #4
    New Lounger
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    13
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I think I know what the problem might be... When I installed a new graphics card, I may have loosened a power cable to the WiFi port. I am not using it at this time so I'll check that out the next time I shut down.

  5. #5
    Super Moderator
    Join Date
    Dec 2000
    Location
    Renton, Washington, USA
    Posts
    12,560
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    It has nothing to do with your Firewire
    see http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_is_a_1394_connection to see what the 1294 is.

    Now running HP Pavilion a6528p, with Win7 64 Bit OS.

  6. #6
    New Lounger
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    13
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveA View Post
    You do not state what OS you are using, and if it is a upgraded OS.

    I saw this when I was Beta testing Windows XP on a Sony laptop. It was that there was no drivers for the "Wirefire" port in the Beta of XP. When Sony came out with a driver after the release of XP, these drives and device were much happier.
    I am using a clean install of Win 7 HP on a new hard drive. I checked all devices after the install and there were no problems. Not sure when this started as I am not currently using the FireWire port but I will be needing it in the near future.

  7. #7
    Super Moderator
    Join Date
    Dec 2000
    Location
    Renton, Washington, USA
    Posts
    12,560
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    OK, now that we know it is a upgrade to a older machine.
    Just because you installed a new hard drive did nothing for the other devices.
    It still appears that you have a Firewire port and the OEM has not provided any drivers for it, and the generic ones from Windows 7 will not work. It could also be a memory stick reader that is connected to the Firewire port.

    Tell us more about this machine, make and model would be a good start.

    Now running HP Pavilion a6528p, with Win7 64 Bit OS.

  8. #8
    New Lounger
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    13
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveA View Post
    OK, now that we know it is a upgrade to a older machine.
    Just because you installed a new hard drive did nothing for the other devices.
    It still appears that you have a Firewire port and the OEM has not provided any drivers for it, and the generic ones from Windows 7 will not work. It could also be a memory stick reader that is connected to the Firewire port.

    Tell us more about this machine, make and model would be a good start.
    It is a 3 year old Gateway GM5472, AMD 64 X2 Dual Core 5000+ processor, 4X1 GB DDR2 memory, nVidia GeForce 9800GT EE graphics card, 2 WD 500GB SATAII HDs.

  9. #9
    Super Moderator
    Join Date
    Dec 2000
    Location
    Renton, Washington, USA
    Posts
    12,560
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    I would check with Gateway to see if they have any Windows 7 drivers for this set of hardware. Most of the these 1394 devices are built into the mother board, and the drivers need to come from them.

    Per http://support.gateway.com/s/PC/R/10...09566sp3.shtml
    You have "Two IEEE 1394a ports (one rear, one front)" on this machine

    I have gone through the Driver download area, and they (Gateway) do not offer ANY drivers for Windows 7 and this GM5472 machine.

    So if you are NOT running any 1394 devices, then I would not worry about it, but if you are or plan to, then you will need to find Windows 7 drivers.

    Now running HP Pavilion a6528p, with Win7 64 Bit OS.

  10. #10
    New Lounger
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    13
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveA View Post
    I would check with Gateway to see if they have any Windows 7 drivers for this set of hardware. Most of the these 1394 devices are built into the mother board, and the drivers need to come from them.

    Per http://support.gateway.com/s/PC/R/10...09566sp3.shtml
    You have "Two IEEE 1394a ports (one rear, one front)" on this machine

    I have gone through the Driver download area, and they (Gateway) do not offer ANY drivers for Windows 7 and this GM5472 machine.

    So if you are NOT running any 1394 devices, then I would not worry about it, but if you are or plan to, then you will need to find Windows 7 drivers.
    Thank you DaveA for checking that out for me. I opened the case to see where the devices were connected and the one in the back is directly on the motherboard and the one in the front has a connector.

    I don't understand why this would have anything to do with the 1394 connection, but a few days ago I was having to work on my printer and to more easily access the USB cable, I moved it from the back of the PC case to a USB connection on the monitor and I just left it there until I disconnected everything to open the case to look at the 1394 connections. I decided to move my printer USB cable from the monitor back to the PC case. The exclamation is no longer on the 1394 device.!?

  11. #11
    Super Moderator
    Join Date
    Dec 2000
    Location
    Renton, Washington, USA
    Posts
    12,560
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Try using a thumbdrive, flash drive by using the connector on the monitor and see if that gives you the yellow exclamation mark.

    I have not seen a monitor with any USB connections on it.
    Can you give us the make and model of this monitor?

    Now running HP Pavilion a6528p, with Win7 64 Bit OS.

  12. #12
    New Lounger
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    13
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    It is a 22 inch, branded by Gateway but it has a logo on the front edge that says DCDi by FAROUDJA. It has 2 USBs facing out on the side and 2 facing down on the back next to the VGA and DVI connections.

    I currently have a Verizon MiFi connected to the side and the exclamation point is showing in Device Manager.

  13. #13
    Super Moderator
    Join Date
    Dec 2000
    Location
    Renton, Washington, USA
    Posts
    12,560
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Found it at http://www.gateway.com/systems/produ...04.php#prodBar
    Have you tried a thumb drive yet?

    Now running HP Pavilion a6528p, with Win7 64 Bit OS.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •