4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I bought my DH a USB microphone to connect to his laptop for online game play when he's out of town because the built-in microphone falls flat. When he's home, though, instead of his laptop he uses the computer I connected to the TV's large LCD monitor with a wireless keyboard and mouse from his recliner. I'd like to give him the ability to also use the USB microphone from his recliner. He doesn't need or want a headset because I'm sitting right next to him and he can hear the game just fine through the stereo. He just needs to be able to communicate with others in the game.

An extension cable to reach across the room isn't an option because we have dog and cats traffic.

I thought it would be simple to solve. I pulled out a wireless USB hub I wasn't using; however, it only works with VIsta 32-bit and our TV computer is Vista 64-bit. Ther are no upgrade drivers available through Iogear. The other wireless hubs I've seen online so far either are too expensive or also only support 32-bit.

I assumed I could find an adapter to extend any USB peripheral but I'm sure not seeing it. Maybe I'm using the wrong keyboard combinations in my searches.

Suggestions?
    Daisy

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ailios View Post
    Suggestions?
    The only thing I can think of is bluetooth, but you may need an adaptor for the laptop. Bluetooth 'earpeices' for mobile 'phones are quite cheap these days.

Edited to add:
    There may already be bluetooth on his laptop - mine has it built in.

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Leif View Post
    The only thing I can think of is bluetooth, but you may need an adaptor for the laptop. Bluetooth 'earpeices' for mobile 'phones are quite cheap these days.

Edited to add:
    There may already be bluetooth on his laptop - mine has it built in.
    It's not for the laptop that I need a wireless connection. It's a wireless connection between the Vista 64-bit computer connected to the TV to a microphone at my husband's chair.

I thought a wireless USB hub at the chair might do that trick but the one we have doesn't support 64-bit. I haven't yet found another one that does.

Now he's looking at a wired keyboard for which I am now also looking to find a way to make wireless. A powered, wireless USB hub seems like the logical answer for both (keyboard will need a powered USB I'm sure) but I can't seem to find one that supports 64-bit.
    Daisy