New Lounger
    Thanks

Lost trailing zeros (Excel 2000)

I am joining numbers in a string format to show a range with the number of displayed digits dependent on the values of the numbers . If a number is between 1 and 10, it is shown with 2 decimal digits eg 2.56. It is easy to do on single numbers however the final display has to be in the format: 1.23 to 3.45. If one of the numbers has a trailing zero (eg 1.20) then the zero is lost when the string is formed using formulae such as: =B3 & " to " B4 where the result is 1.2 to 3.45 rather than 1.20 to 3.45. I have tried combinations of cell formats as text but the zeros are still lost. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Graeme C

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Lost trailing zeros (Excel 2000)

Graeme,

Instead of : =B3 & " to " & B4

You need to convert the numbers to text with any format you want using the TEXT Worksheet Function as they are in a character string.

Try this: = TEXT(B3,"0.00") & " to " & TEXT(B4,"0.00")

I think this will solve your problem.

Good Luck!

New Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Lost trailing zeros (Excel 2000)

Thanks for the advice, that worked perfectly. I hunted further and found another function FIXED(number,decimals,no_commas) which did a similar thing and had an advantage that the "decimals" item could be a variable derived from code elsewhere.

Graeme