Silver Lounger
    Thanks
    Hi,

I'm trying to figure out total time in a query for a time sheet. I have [starttime] and [endtime] which the user enters data in. The I have [Totaltime] which is a formula. I tried [endtime]-[starttime] but that didn't give me the correct results. Then I tried

Totaltime: Format([endtime]-[starttime],"short time")

which gives me the correct time. However, when I go to add up the [Dailytime] it doesn't work. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong.

Thanks,
    Leesha

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    You can use the [endtime]-[starttime] expression. Change the field property to Short Time. Right click on the field and choose properties and enter Short Time for the Format.

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    If the sum of the times is greater than 24 hours, then you won't be able to display it correctly as time. Times can't be more than 24 hours because dates and times are stored as decimals with the whole number part representing the Days and the decimal the Hours.

I usually use something like ([endtime]-[startime])* 24 which converts it from time into a number of hours as a number. They can be added up easily, and give the right answer if multiplied by, say, a rate of pay.
    Regards
    John

Silver Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by John Hutchison View Post
    If the sum of the times is greater than 24 hours, then you won't be able to display it correctly as time. Times can't be more than 24 hours because dates and times are stored as decimals with the whole number part representing the Days and the decimal the Hours.

I usually use something like ([endtime]-[startime])* 24 which converts it from time into a number of hours as a number. They can be added up easily, and give the right answer if multiplied by, say, a rate of pay.
    That worked perfectly!!!

Thanks!
    Leesha