Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I'm updating a 775K or so workbook in Excel 2007 by downloading data from a data warehouse, then copy-and-pasting it into one of my worksheets to update.

Excel has suddenly started crashing whenever the copy range includes a cell that's colored. This happens repeatedly on two different machines, and only when a cell in the copy range is colored. The copy range is small -- several rows by several columns.

Any thoughts as to what's going on here?

thanks

Don

Thanks
    I guess my first question would be whether you have applied any Windows/Office updates recently?
    Also, does it work if you paste to a new sheet in that workbook, or to another workbook on the same machine(s)?
    Regards,
    Rory

Microsoft MVP - Excel

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Do the colors download with the data? Do you need the color(s)? Try Pasting Values to your target workbook and apply colors or Conditional Formats later.

Is the target workbook for the datwarehoused data the same workbook as the target workbook for the Paste operation? Perhaps you can download the data into one workbook and then paste it into another.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    I had the same problem. Workaround is select the range of rows or whatever that you wish to copy and left-click on a cell you wish to copy and select Paste Special and click "Formulas / Number Formatting". This fixed the problem.