New Lounger
    Thanks
    I just completed a "server restore". I was greeted by a corrupted backup database. I have run backup "repair" twice. My backup tab shows zero backups, however the Server Storage page reports 1.2TB (yes terrabytes) being used for backups.

Do I have any alternatives to just just removing all the disks and reformatting them on a PC and then putting it all together again and starting again with a server restore?

Is there anything equivelant to a compact database like Access has?

Gary

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,059 Times in 928 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gary Bechthold View Post
    I just completed a "server restore". I was greeted by a corrupted backup database. I have run backup "repair" twice. My backup tab shows zero backups, however the Server Storage page reports 1.2TB (yes terrabytes) being used for backups.

Do I have any alternatives to just just removing all the disks and reformatting them on a PC and then putting it all together again and starting again with a server restore?

Is there anything equivelant to a compact database like Access has?

Gary
    WHS backups are quite different than an Access database. See http://download.microsoft.com/downlo...d_Restore.docx for more information.

I think you may get better answers if you visit one or more of the WHS sites I posted before.

Joe
    Joe