3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Garbette came home for the weekend and showed me the info. It's a little more than mom can afford right now, so amphibian-hating Brits can breathe a sigh of relief. Until fall, 2011, that is. Oh, and she'll have her driver's license by then too...
    Carpy Diem, it's .

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by garbsmj View Post
    Garbette came home for the weekend and showed me the info. It's a little more than mom can afford right now, so amphibian-hating Brits can breathe a sigh of relief. Until fall, 2011, that is. Oh, and she'll have her driver's license by then too...
    Hi Garbsmj,

I for one am sorry to hear that Garbette will not be traveling to England (but then, I live in New England ). I know how numbing it can be when you see the cost of these 'events'. I remember what it was like when my daughter decided she wanted to go to Spain with her class. The trip was supposed to cost $1500! It ended up being more like $3000 with all the little things they neglected to tell us about at the informational meeting!

Hopefully Garbette is keeping it all in perspective and keeping her hopes up. With any luck she will be terrorizing the Magic Forest (sorry Jezza) in 2011. Come to think of it, didn't the Mayans predict the end of the world in 2012? Is there some possible cosmic connection?
    <font face="Comic Sans MS">MickeyMouse</font face=comic>
    How best to describe the Lounge-
    "Coming together is a beginning, staying together is progress, working together is success"

Thanks
    amphibian-hating Brits can breathe a sigh of relief
    There's a German-made folding bike called the Frog... No, I don't know why. The other bikes made by the firm are under the moniker "Birdy". I reckon the location and picture is quite Garbettial!
    BATcher

Time prevents everything happening all at once...

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks
    On the other hand, further to Mickey's reply I am not sorry that Garbette cannot come to England as our frog civilisation needed a little more notice prior to her arrival and will also give the time to put further spells and incantations around the perimeter of the Magic Forest here in Deepest, Darkest Kent, I call it the M25/M26 and M20 barrier.

She'll be fine, just get her working and she can pay for part of it

Jerry