2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I have used the Macro9 to backup the AutoText entries that I have created. However, I also use other languages and put them in the AutoText location, ALT+T+A, but when I use the macro it does not place the words in the backup document.

I am not sure if AutoText entries is the same as the AutoCorrect entries, and that might be my problem and maybe I need to see how I can backup all my AutoCorrect entries and not all the AutoText entries.

I have physically typed the words the way I want in the Backup Document that the macro creates, however, it does not restore those entries that I have typed into the document itself.

It places the English words that I create, but not the other words.

Any suggestions? Thank you in advance.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    AutoCorrect entries are stored in two different locations:

• Entries that include formatting are stored in Normal.dot.
    • Entries that don't include formatting are stored in files MSOnnnn.acl in C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Application Data\Microsoft\Office. The number nnnn is the language ID, e.g. 1033 = US English, 2057 = UK English, 1031 = German, 1036 = French etc.

AutoCorrect is not the same as AutoText!

Also see How can I import and export all my AutoCorrect entries, so they can be transferred to another machine?

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by HansV View Post
    AutoCorrect entries are stored in two different locations:

• Entries that include formatting are stored in Normal.dot.
    • Entries that don't include formatting are stored in files MSOnnnn.acl in C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Application Data\Microsoft\Office. The number nnnn is the language ID, e.g. 1033 = US English, 2057 = UK English, 1031 = German, 1036 = French etc.

AutoCorrect is not the same as AutoText!

Also see How can I import and export all my AutoCorrect entries, so they can be transferred to another machine?
    Thank you.

AutoCorrect is not the same as AutoText! (I didn't think so). You learn something new every day.

However, I did use the macro AutoCorrect in the location where you directed me to. So, I really do not know what I am doing wrong.

I will try it again and see what happens.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I did try it again, well about ten more times, and then all of a sudden it down on me, that maybe it is putting the entries in the Normal Template but for whatever reason the old document (2003) is not acknowledging them.

I checked a BLANK document (Word 7) and the entries WERE THERE.

I opened the old document (2003) and did ALT+T+A and the entries WERE NOT there.

Am I crazy or what?

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    Word 7? Do you mean Word 2007?

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Word 7? Do you mean Word 2007?
    Yes, I am using the latest version of Word, whatever it is called, 2007, 2010, etc.

Here is what I found:

- Opened BLANK document in newest version which I will call Word 2007.
    - ALT+T+A entries ARE THERE.
    - Opened OLD document and copy it.
    - Switched to BLANK doc and Paste Special. Meaning remove all the formatting, yeah right.
    - ALT+T+A entries NOT THERE.
    - Clicked on the Clear Formatting button on the Ribbon.
    - ALT+T+A entries ARE THERE.

I tried again and if I do not click on the ClearFormatting button on the Ribbon, the entries are not there.

I also found out that if I select the whole document (CTRL+A) and SetLanguage to Spanish, entries ARE NOT THERE. Interesting!!!!!

So, now I will have to reformat tons of documents if I want to be able to use the AutoCorrect entries? Just venting .

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    What is the default language if you create a blank new document?

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    What is the default language if you create a blank new document?
    The default language is English. I did change the default to Spanish to see if it made a difference. It didn't. It is weird because when I use the SpellCheck it gives me the entries that I have created, but cannot see them in the AutoCorrect list. So, they are there, somewhere, who knows where, but they are there. So, what I am going to do is that I am not going to drive myself crazy, and you either, I will keep on creating the entries and if they do not change on the fly, I will use the SpellCheck and make the changes then. I am sure this is some kind of a bug If something weird needs to be found, I absolutely am the candidate for it.

If I ever figure something out or find something somewhere I will post back. Thank you so much for your patience.