Thanks
    I've probably asked this before, but can't find it on a search.

It is possible to 'select' a subset of the available forums, either by 'following' them or as 'notified' forums. Excuse terminology if wrong.

Is there a way of displaying the new posts which have been made since one's last visit, but only for that selected subset of forums?

(And can someone please remind me of the link to get new posts - which I cannot find via Search, and am on a new laptop...)
    BATcher

Time prevents everything happening all at once...

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    And can someone please remind me of the link to get new posts - which I cannot find via Search, and am on a new laptop...

This is the one I use New content Woody's Lounge

http://www.wopr.com/...ch&do=new_posts

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BATcher View Post
    I've probably asked this before, but can't find it on a search.
    This one?

Found by:

[attachment=86839:x.gif]

and it comes up at #19.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    • File Type: gif x.gif (10.3 KB, 0 views)

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    Does this help: FAQ: Get notifications of new threads in a forum Windows Secrets Lounge

By the way, as pointed out here in the Suggestion Box, the Forum Notifications at present is pretty useless if you expect to see NEW POSTS. Mine is whack-o ever since IPB3 and I've used forum subscriptions for a long time. Maybe it'll get fixed in due time.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigaldoc View Post
    By the way, as pointed out here in the Suggestion Box, the Forum Notifications at present is pretty useless if you expect to see NEW POSTS....
    Maybe I miss the point of the question(s), but I get email notifications when a new thread is started in my chosen forums...

[attachment=86841:x.gif]
    • File Type: gif x.gif (29.5 KB, 1 views)

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,059 Times in 928 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Leif View Post
    Maybe I miss the point of the question(s), but I get email notifications when a new thread is started in my chosen forums...
    I think the original idea was not to get email but have a place or method to find new posts.

The question about "new posts since last visit" is how is "last visit" determined. It does not appear to me to be updated often enough for my use.

Joe
    Joe

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by joeperez View Post
    I think the original idea was not to get email but have a place or method to find new posts.
    Ah. I tend to use the New Posts link mbarron gave above and scan for the subjects and/or forums I'm interested in or feel I may be able to help

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Leif View Post
    When I first logged on in IPB3 my forum notifications page did not seem to update for new posts. I think it was Hans who pointed out to me that this problem was already among those pointed out in Brian's list of day-to-day tracked problems. It's not a post or thread email question, rather what you SEE when you use The Lounge. Here's a clip of The Lounge subset taken just now:

[attachment=86842:2009-12-02_154011.png]

Now, here's one taken shortly thereafter from my forum subscriptions page:

[attachment=86843:2009-12-02_154053.png]

As Hans pointed out when he commented, the forum subscriptions page is pretty useless for the time being, so I've been doing all of my cruising via The Lobby.

PS I get NO emails about posts or threads of anything here. Don't need 'em and don't ask for 'em...

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    I also use the New Content link - I've added it to my favorites/bookmarks in my browser so that I can get to it quickly.

Thanks
    Thanks to all - I have now saved the "New Posts" link - the WOPR one I had no longer worked!

I use this link but would STILL like to restrict the list of forums in which the New Posts appear to the ones which the user has selected (by some means) - this morning there were 193 to look through, and that's in less than a day! What will happen when myriad hordes of new Loungers join? Otherwise I suspect that the Lounge will become unusable for all practical purposes, except to ask questions about a specific matter in a specific forum. Oh, and to use the New, Improved, Search function, when available!
    BATcher

Thanks
    I should also have said that "Forum Notifications" is no answer to the problem, and will be even less appropriate soon, because every selected forum will undoubtedly attract at least one post a day. It will be an irrelevance for that reason, because an email saying there is something new will be much like an announcement that today is a new day - it happens every day.
    BATcher