Thread: Yahoo Family

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    If no one else is gonna do it, I will just in case it bears Admin or Mod looking into:

Thread in Scut: http://lounge.windowssecrets.com/ind...owtopic=768828

Brian Livingston
    I explained in Post 768828 that the entries containing yahoo are test members that Admin Robert Wade and I used to troubleshoot IP.Board 3.0's new-member procedure. Nothing to be concerned about, thank goodness.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I must be missing something, I thought there was a dedicated forum for testing stuff like this so it didn't confuse the natives.

stuck

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by stuck View Post
    I must be missing something, I thought there was a dedicated forum for testing stuff like this so it didn't confuse the natives.

stuck
    There was but you have to go live sometime in order to get real time results. That is what is being done by Brian & crew.
    BOB
    http://lounge.windowssecrets.com/S/flags/USA.gif http://lounge.windowssecrets.com/S/f...sachusetts.gif

Long ago, there was a time when men cursed and beat on the ground with sticks. It was called witchcraft.
    Today it is called golf!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by viking33 View Post
    There was but you have to go live sometime in order to get real time results.
    [s]I think what Stuck meant was that it doesn't have to be in public - it could be in a restricted-view forum.[/s]

Correction - the registering of new users is a public affair so can't be hidden!

(Not all entries containing 'Yahoo' are Brian and Robert's test entries - the original registered over eight years ago )

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Leif View Post
    [s]I think what Stuck meant was that it doesn't have to be in public - it could be in a restricted-view forum.[/s]

Correction - the registering of new users is a public affair so can't be hidden!

(Not all entries containing 'Yahoo' are Brian and Robert's test entries - the original registered over eight years ago )
    Lief, you are correct on both counts. What I meant was I always thought the test area was for stuff like this, not Scuttlebutt.

stuck