New Lounger
    Thanks
    Contrary to Iolo's marketing literature, System Mechanic 9.5 doesn't work with Win7 Ultimate 64bit. I recently upgraded my desktop to Win7 64bit. When trying to reinstall sys mechanic, user account control asks if I want this program to make changes... I click yes... UAC window disappears... nothing happens. Called Iolo tech support multiple times over past 2 weeks for help. They are worthless... Been using System Mechanic for years and really like it. However, Iolo tech support seems to be doing everything possible to loose me as a customer.

Has anyone else had this problem? Appreciate any feedback! :-)

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Hello,
    I find many third party programs have not taken the time/cost of upgrading their older versions.

They want us to buy a new version to go with an new OS.
    I had the same problem with Acronis True Image when Vista came out and again when Windows 7 came out.

Marketing redundancy is what I refer to it as.

Mike the mod

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Have you gotten any further with this? I recently got a new computer with Windows 7 Pro (64 bit) and spent the 19.95 to extend my System Mechanic subscription so I could get the new 9.5 version that they say will work. Just like you, I can't get it even finish installing. I sent their support people an email but haven't heard back yet.