New Lounger
    Thanks
    I just signed up this evening to access the lounge, and already I've gotten the following error message 3 or 4 times (doing various tasks), and it doesn't go away by refreshing the page. The only way I can get back in is to sign out and wait awhile. I'm using Firefox 3.5.

lounge.windowssecrets.com Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.

If you are seeing this page, it means there was a problem communicating with our database. Sometimes this error is temporary and will go away when you refresh the page. Sometimes the error will need to be fixed by an administrator before the site will become accessible again.

You can try to refresh the page by clicking here

«Return to the index

Mel

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks
    Hi Melvin

Being a regular in the Lounge for a number of years and watching Brian's Team do a brilliant piece of work getting the site to where it is now I can only suggest that it is sheer weight of numbers of people hitting the Lounge in one go after your recent letter of invitation.

I have a feeling it will settle down nicely once he has got you all through the door and to your seats

BTW Welcome to the Lounge
    Jerry

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Melvin Slane View Post
    I just signed up this evening to access the lounge, and already I've gotten the following error message 3 or 4 times (doing various tasks), and it doesn't go away by refreshing the page. The only way I can get back in is to sign out and wait awhile. I'm using Firefox 3.5.

lounge.windowssecrets.com Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.

If you are seeing this page, it means there was a problem communicating with our database. Sometimes this error is temporary and will go away when you refresh the page. Sometimes the error will need to be fixed by an administrator before the site will become accessible again.

You can try to refresh the page by clicking here

«Return to the index

I'm getting the same thing numerous times. I'll even get signed out of the board sometimes..XP w/IE8 default settings

Mike

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Jezza View Post
    Hi Melvin

Being a regular in the Lounge for a number of years and watching Brian's Team do a brilliant piece of work getting the site to where it is now I can only suggest that it is sheer weight of numbers of people hitting the Lounge in one go after your recent letter of invitation.

I have a feeling it will settle down nicely once he has got you all through the door and to your seats

BTW Welcome to the Lounge

Let's hope that's what it is. At first glance, I like it very much!
    Mike

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks
    Annoying isn't it, I think it is time for the Management to help out here.

Never in the history of the Lounge have we seen so many new people! A really exciting time for all of us.

Hang in there, it is a great place and once settled down I think it will be great again
    Jerry

Thanks
    Welcome to the Lounge, Melvin & Mike.
    Echoing Jezza, I think it's just sheer numbers all at once that's giving the new software quite an exercise. It isn't always like this!
    hang in there and wait it out. I'm sure Brian and his crew are running around just evaluating the proceedings.
    BOB
    http://lounge.windowssecrets.com/S/flags/USA.gif http://lounge.windowssecrets.com/S/f...sachusetts.gif

Long ago, there was a time when men cursed and beat on the ground with sticks. It was called witchcraft.
    Today it is called golf!

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    yes i get that several times but it will work out
    ruger22/45™ Mark III rugersr9 glock 19 od
    http://www.georgiacarry.org/
    NAM VET

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Yup I got that message several times too after my invitation - but it is working out o.k. apart from that blip - love browsing all the forums - WOW what have I been missing all my life

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Hello Lizards & Lizzetts,

I was lucky being early enough to receive the same message.
    I wasn't annoyed by it because as usual one of those "secret" people forewarned us this was "BETA"
    In the past a link in one of the "news letters" was the cause for a few sites to crash under heavy traffic. Yup, it's gonna get busier in here :-)
    Rather than nothing at all happening or the BSOD I got the form letter.
    Soon, (I am sure) those who waited until the last moment to get a move on will miss out!

Watching and reading Fred grow from LangList to where his feet are now, has in itself been both believable and unbelievable all at once.
    He has surrounded himself with amazing people jam-packed with amazing knowledge, and shared it all for free. When his feet start to move I shuffle along.
    I look forward to all the new tips, tricks and sound advice I am sure will come from this old new place.

Thanks Fred and ALL the crew, I will continue supporting their endeavors!

Sky
    Exit fast, Fly smooth, Dock soft and SMILE !