3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Here are two suggestions I just submitted to a WS administrator, before I realized they could be posted here:

- The meaning of the second part of Rule 11 about not naming companies needs clarification. If one discusses a problem or presents an example the name of the application and, thus, in many cases the company, will necessarily be a part of it.

- The text and audio for security at registration was as difficult to decipher as I've seen or heard, and I am familiar with the specific format being used. In my case, it took 4 reloads of text, with two shots at the audio interspersed, to come up with something that I could read. Not sure that level of security is what was intended.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,057 Times in 926 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gene Goldenfeld View Post
    Here are two suggestions I just submitted to a WS administrator, before I realized they could be posted here:

- The meaning of the second part of Rule 11 about not naming companies needs clarification. If one discusses a problem or presents an example the name of the application and, thus, in many cases the company, will necessarily be a part of it.

- The text and audio for security at registration was as difficult to decipher as I've seen or heard, and I am familiar with the specific format being used. In my case, it took 4 reloads of text, with two shots at the audio interspersed, to come up with something that I could read. Not sure that level of security is what was intended.
    Welcome to the Lounge!!!

The intent of rule 11 is to avoid needless name calling and derogatory references. If it is necessary to name a company when describing a problem that is OK. Just be careful about fact and opinion.

Joe
    Joe